I was in the Sofitel Gendarmenmarkt in Berlin for 2 days & nights recently. The hotel is in a gorgeous locality overlooking the most beautiful square in Berlin, & all the top sights: Brandenburg Gate, Unter den Linden, Checkpoint Charlie, Reichstag, Museumsinsel etc are literally at most a 10-15 minute walk away - if you walk briskly, like I like to do! The service was really friendly, the hotel is spotless and the facilities (including free internet access) are excellent.
The only negative was that the overall lighting in the hotel was very dark and seemed a bit spooky at times.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The boutique and designer Hotel Sofitel Berlin Gendarmenmarkt is considered to be one of the most elegant addresses in the heart of the bustling capital. The small, unique boutique hotel, with 70 rooms and 22 suites designed by Harald Klein, combines minimalist Cocoon design with unique details, such as the play of light and shadow and of glass and black marble. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel Berlin Gendarmenmarkt reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Berlin Gendarmenmarkt Hotel Berlin
- Accor Berlin Gendarmenmarkt
- Berlin Sofitel