A balanced review hopefully!
The hotel is very close to the M5 and M6 tram lines which get you to Alexanderplatz very quickly. The breakfast at the hotel is top notch stuff and definately worth getting. The bar is a nice place to be! The staff at the hotel are friendly and speak fantastic English. The rooms are simple and clean and nice to be in. Brilliantly powerful showers to wake you up in the morning. Trabant out the back adds a nice GDR feel to the place!
Ignore the advertisment of free wifi, it's 5 Euros a time which is very expensive really, and the connectivity isn't actually very good. The cleaning of the rooms each day was not fantastic, dirty mugs and cups were left in our room. The 5th floor seemed to have a lot of groups on it so as they bundled in from the bar they were very noise and enjoyed slamming the doors, and then again in the morning! I realise that's not the fault of the hotel though, just an observation. We booked a double room but were told that there are no double rooms, so we pushed the beds together.
All in all this is a good option if you're not bothered about location too much and are going to be out sightseeing all day. The tram being so close is a godsend. Also have a look at Lucky Sushi nearby, it's an odd location but the food is incredible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Berlin City East Landsberger Allee. Spend unforgettable days in the pulsating metropolitan city that is famous for its special flair and wide variety of cultural activities. Whether you are a business traveler, conference participant or tourist, the modern 4-Star-Hotel Holiday Inn Berlin City East Landsberger Allee with its 312 rooms is focused for each individual needs. The hotel is located centrally within a well developed infrastructure for excursions in city-east, near Alexanderplatz, the Hackescher Markt, the Scheunenviertel, the boulevard Unter den Linden and the Museumsinsel. Relaxation can be found at the near by Marzahn Park with its recreational area Gardens of the World , and in Berlins surrounding green belt area with it s in tact environment. The Airports Tegel and SchÃ¶nefeld and the main train station Hauptbahnhof are easily accessible. Our hotel offers a perfect venue for your conference or convention activities. The hotel convention facilities include 11 meeting rooms, all of which have modern communication capabilities, such as W-LAN internet access, and telephones. Our restaurant Landsberger 203 offers regional and international cuisine. Enjoy typical specialties from Berlin in our 'Berlin Bistro . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Berlin City East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Berlin City East Hotel Berlin
- Holiday Inn Landsberger Allee
- Berlin Holiday Inn