All reviewstram stopstasi museumihg memberbudget hotelfront officehuge hotelbooked this hotelnight's sleepthe hotel is cleanhotel lobbytwin roommin walkstopstransport
Reviewed December 30, 2010

Coming to Berlin, first time in this hotel.
Upon arrival check in went without any problems.
I had booked a business room because the WIFI is included in the package.
The woman behind the counter was friendly and very clear with the explanations.
When I entered the room, all seemed to be in order. Nothing missing, broken or non functional.
Room as well as the bedroom looked clean enough so no complaints there either.
I noticed that every time I passed a person on dutie inside the hotel, there was always a friendly good..something. A positive thing as I must say.
In the morning breakfast was served in buffet style on the ground floor from 6am to 10:30am. The way it was presented was pleasant to see. Only, where was the coffee? Probably inside the white thermos can in the middle of the table but who knows for how long it had been standing there. Also missed the eggs service, I've seen some hard boiled ones and scrambled passing along the buffet. So that had to do for that day.
Besides that everything was in order during my stay.
One advise though, don't pay extra for booking the business room because of the free WIFI. It only allows you to log in with one single device only. So if you connect with your smart phone, you can forget about using your laptop or any other device after that. It probably connects the log in data to your devices MAC address.
Went to the reception since I needed internet access on my laptop. I was surprised they couldn't help me out, very disappointing. I would have generated another user/password and problem would have been solved, but hey, that's just me.
I would go there again, but only if I was sure not to have to work on the internet during my entire stay.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank SmooveG
Reviewed December 28, 2010

The hotel has free parking behind, which is good.
The lobby looks nice and is very inviting.
Room (801) is huge, 2 single beds pushed together but comfortable to lay on. There were 5 different types of pillows available upon request.
Hotel and surroundings information is in the room.
There are 2 spaces for your suitcase to rest on.
Bathroom is modern and clean and has good water pressure.
Heating is good in bathroom.
Hotel staff are friendly and helpful. They gave us a map and showed us the tram stops.
There is no in-room safe but safes are available at reception for no extra cost.
A little far from the city centre, but catching the tram is very easy and the stop is only a few minutes walk away. Tram to Alexanderplatz is about 15 minutes.
No included breakfast, but available at €18 per person.
No mini-bar or fridge in room. Vending machine on a few floors which has well priced drinks/snacks (including alcohol).
Room decor is fresh and citrusy.
View from window of a major road, tram lines plus car park.
Internet available in lobby for .20 cents a minute.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TimandKath
Reviewed October 6, 2010

We were very apprehensive about this hotel , it was a distance from the city but came as part of a BA package, from the airport we caught the TXL bus to the city centre at 2 euros each and then took a taxi to the hotel that cost us 12 euros in total. We were surprised to find a roomy large modern hotel , the reception staff were polite and friendly. The rooms modern, large with new furniture, very very clean with comfortable beds and pillows. The breakfast in the morning was well worth the extra we paid for it, one of the best buffet breakfast I have seen and we have seen a few. We also used the hotel bistro "New Orleans"where we had a first class meal, fresh good quality products, served well and hot, more important good value for money. We bought a Berlin Welcome travel card that gave us unlimited travel around Berlin, 200 yards from the hotel was the tram stop at which a tram appeared to take us to the city every six minutes, we seemed never to wait more than six minutes for any of the busses, trams, underground or local trains, all in all this hotel will not disappoint you, good value for money, clean and hospitable. thank you Berlin for a great long weekend. .

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank grahamol
HIBCE, Sales Coordinator at Holiday Inn Berlin City East, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2010

Dear grahamol,
Thank you for your note. We are glad you enjoyed the hotel and the newly renovated guestroom; all guestrooms will be renovated by the end of this year. All our rooms are 29 square meters, which is not typical for Berlin and we are proud, that we can offer such rooms. I will give your kind and lovely feedback to the staff, which will be very happy about it.
We are looking forward to having you stay with us again sometime soon.

Reviewed July 20, 2010

I often visit Berlin on business. The problem with unknown hotels in this city is that some of the times I land in unique hotels, while in other times, I wonder how the little basement I have been put in can be called a hotel. The thing about the Holiday Inn is that it's a safe betc for a risk averse guy like me. The price is always reasonable, and a 4 star Holiday Inn is a known worldwide standard so one should not be anxious all the way to the room.
This Holiday Inn is in fact a great hotel in terms of room size and amenities. I had a really big room (non typical for Berlin) and it seems like it has recently been renovated, as the furniture and carpet in my room appeared very new. The bathroom was bright and clean, to my great satisfaction. Parking was free which is a big plus, while I had to pay for internet.
I would recommend this hotel to holidaymakers and business travelers alike, as it is large enough to accommodate both families and business groups, and the tram across the road easily reaches the city in 10 minutes. I would not recommend it to those who want to be staying somewhere central though, as the hotel is at the East side of the city, and not in a vibrant, nor too friendly area.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank GregoryJ
HIBCE, Sales Coordinator at Holiday Inn Berlin City East, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2010

Dear Gregory,
The hotel is situated in the East part of Berlin, called Lichtenberg – Hohenschönhausen, which is a suburban area surrounded by many apartment buildings with young families. Lots of opportunities for shopping or dining are near by. There is nothing to worry about the area.
We are looking forward to having you stay with us again sometime soon.

Reviewed April 15, 2010

Perhaps a bit unfair to compare the hotels in Europe with those in Asia, but we didn't find this hotel worth recommending to others. Just your run-of-the-mill hotel room but without even a refrigerator or slippers for the room (the hotel book mentions you can request for those but they said 'not available'). They claimed to have upgrade our room to 'Executive Room' but come on... really not up to its name.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple