My husband and I just left Schlosshotel Im Gruenwald. It was fantastic. The location was perfect for us because it was close to where he grew up. But more importantly, the restoration of the hotel and decor by Karl Lagerfeld deserves to be appreciated. We were so busy running around that it wan't until the last day that we could linger over breakfast in the winter garden and enjoy the stately rooms.
I must say that I felt like a princess in a castle. I was surprised the first night to have found that the windows were totally blacked out (meant with jet lag we slept until noon). To be honest the pool and exercise room left something to be desired... pool is not really a lap pool and there was a small selection of machines in the un-airconditioned gym. However, there is a wonderful lake a short distance away, so bathing, walking orr jogging outdoors is an easy possibility. Oh, and free minibar was fab.
Definitely worth the visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The personality, intimacy and privacy of PATRICK HELLMANN SCHLOSSHOTEL, is a 5-Star Superior Design Hotel is an exeptional historical building of the German capital. The estate is a mirror of centuries and dates back as a safe castle existing 100 years. Located minutes nearby to the Grunewald forrest and beautiful Berlin lakes. The hotel is like Central Park New York located only minutes closed by to the heart of one of Berlin’s shopping and entertainment Boulevards, the famous Kurfuerstendamm. The hotel is simply captivating. It is our number one priority to provide our guests with a first class service, tailor-made to their wishes. Each of our 43 elegant rooms and 10 suites in the 100-year-old historical villa surrounded by park-like private gardens, stylish interiors designed by Karl Lagerfeld, and 15 new built in 2016, Premium rooms/suites designed by Patrick Hellmann. Our personal service is creating a heaven for you in Berlin. Our restaurants, cigar lounge and elegant lobby with its stunning chandelier and exquisite oil paintings provide an ideal atmosphere in which to unwind. In the SPA & Wellness area you can take in the view of the pine forest whilst enjoying a dip in the pool, or indulge in a first class massage treatment and sauna. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Patrick Hellmann Schlosshotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Schlosshotel Im Grunewald Berlin
- Schlosshotel Im Grunewald Hotel Berlin