“Very smart”

Tryp by Wyndham Berlin AM KU Damm
Ranked #541 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed July 2, 2013

This was a real smart hotel.
I stayed in a single room for one night only. Room size was small (but I got it in only 39 Euro), but designed smartly to accommodate my requirements. Toilet was good. Wi fi was free of cost.
However, breakfast was expensive to purchase (12.5 Euro)- so the bed & breakfast rate becomes high.
Hotel was absolutely clean, reception people was nice, location was very good..stone throw from city centre..
Recommended for stay..

Room Tip: Try to take the room with breakfast plan, (or plan breakfast outside) to save money.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Monika P, General Manager at Tryp by Wyndham Berlin AM KU Damm, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear guest,

Thanks a lot for your nice review and your efforts. We are very happy about your recommendation and would be pleased to welcome you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Tryp by Wyndham Berlin AM KU Damm

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I recently booked accommodation at this hotel, and the customer service I received from them was unprofessional and just plain rude. I phoned to get clarity about an email that I had sent 3 days prior that still had not been replied to, only to be told that 'all emails had been attended to, there is nothing unread in my inbox'. After further investigation, the lady in reservations realised that my emails slipped through the cracks, and rather than apologising for not getting back to me, she blamed her colleagues for not following up and was still very rude to me. Needless to say, I cancelled by reservation and I would NEVER stay at this hotel because I was treated so poorly.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2013

When we arrived , we had to move rooms I had booked a comfort room with a double but was given a tiny single bedded room, changed without a problem although double bed was two single beds put together and we both kept falling in the middle of the bed!

Rooms are pretty basic and good for the price!, no mini bar, but vending machines in corridor which sell alchol!.(No BAR) hairdrier didnt work and toilet was quite smelly. Room service was fantastic cleaned everyday with clean towels everyday.

The hotel is very central (5min walk) to the s and u bhan underground stations which are fantastic you can travel all over berlin very easily, plenty of bars and resturants round about also.

The hotel was fine for the price £250 for 5 nights would probably stay somewhere else wen we go back!.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Stayed in Berlin for a long weekend 18th-21st April, we had an early flight so we were a little early for check in; however the kind lady at reception informed us that our room was all ready so we was able to go straight to our room and unpack which was great. The room was small and basic but adequate for a city break and it had a lovely modern design to it. Room amenities were basic but all expected as a 3* property. We stayed in room 403, so we were towards the end of the corridor and our window looked out onto the gardens at the back of the hotel so it was peaceful at night. We didn't have breakfast although the breakfast area looked very lovely and modern. Our towels were changed everyday which was great. All in all I have no negatives to say about this hotel and I would definitely return. They even have wine in their vending machines! There is also a lovely pizzeria next door which I would definitely recommend, lovely food and friendly service!

Room Tip: I've read a few comments about rooms close to the lift. I didn't experience this but the lif...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Spent a lovely few days in this hotel. It's in a lovely location, the staff are very friendly and helpful and it's nice for a quiet break-away. The downside is perhaps it's a little too quiet and could do with a nice cafe and bar to give it some atmosphere. The rooms are basic with no mini bar. Still, an enjoyable stay.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Eoin M
Monika P, General Manager at Tryp by Wyndham Berlin AM KU Damm, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Dear Eoin,

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your stay in Berlin. We are happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and would be pleased to welcome you again.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

When it comes to this hotel, you have to look at things in perspective. The location is great (although for younger people I wouldn't recomand West-Berlin as it's a bit dust, better to stay at the Mitte area), very close to the Ku'damm (about 3 minute walk). The hotel itself is not that fantastic, but reasonable quality at this price/location. The beds were fine and the hotel is quiet. The rooms were small but not really a problem when you're on a city trip and don't have a big suitcase. The rooms were clean although the carpet looked a bit dusty and worn out. Rooms were cleaned every morning and towers were changed. However, on our second last day the room wasn't cleaned and towers weren't changed until 17:00 due to lack of staff. Desk staff was friendly and spoke English well.
Didn't try the breakfast as it's usually too expensive for what you get. Better go to a nearby Starbucks where you actually do have wireless internet access (I can't believe this hotel isn't offering free wifi. So zeroes.)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eline M

Dear Eline,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We would like to thank you for staying with us and we hope to have another chance to hosting you again.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Hotel is not OK, rooms are so, so ! The breakfast is perfect, but too much and better to have breakfast at one of the local breakfast shops close by. Tons of good food places around for super quality/price balance.

Room Tip: Do not choose this hotel !
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple