I booked this hotel thru at Top Secret deal on lastminute.com - and it was a great bargain! I was a little sceptical at first after reading other reviews, but I think they worked hard to redocorate and modernize the hotel after it became part of Wyndham.
When booking I asked for a non-smoking, high floor room, away from elevators. That is exactly what I got, and it was reconfirmed to me upon check-in without me even asking. The room was also a delight, with fresh air and a white, bright and modern feel to it.
Things I loved about this hotel:
- Front desk staff was very professional and service minded.
- They have three elevators, so you never have to wait long.
- Room was well lit, bright and well decorated, with a very comfy bed.
- Bathroom was clean and bright, and shower had good water pressure.
- Location is very convenient, only 3 minutes to walk to Zoologicher Garten where you can connect to the whole city with heaps of public transportation. Also many nice resaurants in the area, and a short stroll to shopping in Ku'damm.
Just a few small things pull it down from a 5 to a 4 in my opinion:
- They charge to much for Internet.
- The power outlet next to the bed do not work with the lights off, so I had a hard time charging my phone at night.
- The curtains are okay, but you can't make the room completely dark in daytime if you want to sleep in after a late night out.
Even with a few minor drawbacks I can truly recomend this hotel for your next stay in Berlin. I for one would love to be back.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Wyndham Berlin Excelsior reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.