“Nice hotel and great service”

Holiday Inn Berlin City-West
Ranked #337 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed October 9, 2012

A group of colleagues and I stayed here for a night, due to a cancelled flight. Must say that the hotel was very nice, clean and comfortable.
We ate in the restaurant and the staff stayed late in order to feed us. Overall, the staff were very helpful, booking taxis, and dealing with multiple requests from a large group of weary travellers.
When I got home,I realised I had left a jacket hanging in the wardrobe. I contacted the hotel, who found it and posted it back to me.
If I'm back in that part of Berlin again, I will definitely stay with HI Express and recommend it as a nice place to relax.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Locate near Tegal airport we thought we had a shuttle, but if you need to leave before 06:30 you will have to get a cab at a cost of 12 euros. The room was very typical HI. They did not have shampoo in the bathroom, so if you want some, you better bring your own. Did not try breakfast as we had to leave before the restaurant opened at 06:30.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
hibcw, Manager at Holiday Inn Berlin City-West, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your review. I would like to mention that we offer our guests a Body and hair shampoo in every bathroom of our guestrooms right beside the tub or shower. Unfortunately we are not able to provide a shuttle service before 06:30 a.m. due to personnel organisation. Our Shuttle to the Airport Tegel runs daily from 06:30 a.m. until 10:00 p.m.

We would like to thank you for staying with us and we hope to have another chance of hosting you again should your travels bring you back to Berlin.

Kind regards

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Been in that hotel for one night due to problems with my flight to get back to home. I must say that it is really near the airport which is big advantage but to get to the city and coming back if you are first time in Berlin is a nightmare. I advice to everyone to take a metro map from the room or ask in the reception, the stuff is very helpful and will tell you the best way to get to city center for a short sightseeing otherwise you can get lost. I did sadly.
About the hotel i liked the room it was spacious,nice and clean. The price also not too high. Stuff very kind and helpful. Didn't use hotel restaurant because of lack of the time.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
hibcw, Manager at Holiday Inn Berlin City-West, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Dear Loraine_12,

Thank you for your nice comments following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you had a great stay with us and that in particular you found the staff very kind and helpful. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Berlin.

Kind regards to Paris,

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Stayed here for work on late shifts and therefore needed to be able to keep room dark and cool. Air conditioning switches off if temperature outside is 18C or less. Temperature 17C but room had been closed all day with bright sunshine and was 24C on arrival. If window was open, curtain could not be closed and there was no breeze so cooling effect of window minimal and airport noise frequent!

Staff unhelpful and could offer no help in cooling hot and airless room. Poor night's sleep on traditional holiday inn bed and woken at 6 am by bright sunlight even though 'blackout' curtain completely drawn.

Several problems the following day and at no pint did any member of staff apologise for significant inconvenience. Do not stay here if you don't have to.

Room Tip: Use another hotel!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
hibcw, Manager at Holiday Inn Berlin City-West, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Dear Guests,

thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am very sorry to hear that we didn’t meet your expectations. I would like to inform you that I have done a follow up with the respectively Head of Departments concerning the issues you have raised. It is only with guest feedback that we can ensure that we maintain our high standards and so this does not affect any of future guests.

I hope you could give us another chance in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly via b.beerkens@hibe.info in case of any further feedback or inquiries.

Kind regards to Glasgow,

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Very spacious and airy hotel, with an enormous atrium over the bar area. Pleasant staff, especially in the restaurant where I was eating alone as they made a real effort to chat to me. I stayed on business for 2 nights and the hotel was located close the the area I needed to be.
Room was very big and well equipped with a good choice of room service, well stocked mini bar at reasonable prices and comfortable beds. Hotel has a pool/spa area which is open late which is great for relaxing after working all day.
Pleasant hotel and reasonable price. No complaints.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Caroline M

Dear Caroline M,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Berlin City - West. It is always pleasing to note when our customers have enjoyed a memorable time with us.

Please be assured that your kind comments regarding the service in our restaurant „Il Faggio“ were forwarded to our restaurant team.

We hope you had a safe journey back to St Peter Port and look forward to having you stay with us on your future trips.

Kind regards from Berlin,

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Work as cabin crew stayed here a few times. Nothing special about the hotel 10mins drive from the Berlin tegal airport. Rooms are basic, bed is ok but the duvets are tiny and constantly waking up cold in the night. TV no english channels except BBC world news or CNN.
10mins walk to the rail line into town also 10min walk to a lake with a man made beach - great for sunbathing in the summer.
Breakfast is fabulous and reasonably cheap. Large selection.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank crewfood

Dear crewfood,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us. Please accept my sincere apology for the hotel not meeting or exceeding your expectations regarding our rooms.

I am very sorry to hear that you constantly woke up cold in the night. In this case we offer our guests additional blankets or an additional heater.

Thank you also for your travel tip regarding the lake nearby. I am sure that other travelers to the Holiday Inn Berlin City – West will find this advice of benefit.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Kind regards to London,

Reviewed August 12, 2012

This is a satisfactory hotel on the west side of Berlin. Stayed there just one night, June 4, 2012. Picked it because this was a business trip and needed to be in that area. The location is not bad and it is just a few blocks to the U-bahn to catch a train to the center of Berlin. Room was spacious and clean and the breakfast was well stocked. Room cost was €89.10. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Rod571
hibcw, Manager at Holiday Inn Berlin City-West, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your review. I was pleased to read that you've enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that I will have the chance to welcome you back in a near future.

Best regards, Bart Beerkens