“Value for money”

Ranked #30 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed April 24, 2014

If you are searching for a hotel with overall very good service, perfect location, with lower price than other Leading hotels, then look no further.
Only 20 min with taxi from Tegel airport (15-20€). Bus takes 20 min (2,5€) + 5 min walk.
Next to the hotel you have shopping "europa center" and also near by you'll find the exclusive KaDeWe where can by everything from top brand clothes to finest quality fresh sea food.

Nice bar. Nice lounge area. Nice room. Nice breakfast buffet with view of Zoo entrance. Perfect internet wifi connection everywhere. Nice pool area (for free) but SPA is extra charge (30€/p/day).

The only thing I did not like was the fact that the young man at the reception (working evenings) dont speak english good enough to communicate and also he needs to learn smile little bit more. After all he has the most important job at the whole place (in my opinion). Also at arrival they could not find our reservation until I used my phone and showed them the reservation number in the email from LHW.

We will return and we can remmonend this place.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
EricFoedisch, Manager at Hotel Palace Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Dear Mr.Hamed1980

Thank you very much for your reply here on tripadvisor.de. I hope you had also a good trip back home.

I like to thank you for your perfect feedback about your stay with us. I will share your ratings with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks. The only think I like to correct is the price for the sauna use. Instead of 30,00EUR per day it is just 13,00Euro per day.

At least I like to thank you again for sharing your experience and give us such a perfect feedback.

Christian Schumann
Ass. Front Office Manager
c.schumann@palace.de
+49 (0)30 2502-1102

Reviewed April 18, 2014

We stayed 4 nights at the hotel וn Two connecting rooms 542 544 With a view of the Zoo.
The location is perfect, (Europa-Center)Very large rooms , helpful staff .
great hotel and we would love to go back again.
Highly recommended !!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I recently stayed in The Hotel Palace on a 5 day visit to Berlin. The hotel is a true 5 star which oozes quality. The staff were friendly and efficient and the food was excellent. The choice for breakfast was extensive and varied which was ideal for a days touring Berlin. We had dinner on 2 occasions in the diner which we very much enjoyed. The food was prepared in the Michelin star restaurant on the first floor so the quality was first class. Finally, the location of the hotel is ideal as it is very convenient for all forms of public transport and also for shopping as Ka De We etc. are nearby.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank marty1w
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I have stayed for a second time at the Palace in Berlin, and this stay has confirmed my original impression that this is really just a 4-star business hotel with a 5-star tag.
The rooms, especially the bathroom, are small, the bath fittings are certainly no way 5-star standard (not even a soap dish in the bath come shower).
Service disappointing: At check-in, they could not find my reservation. On check-out day, I asked the desk in the (breakfast-) retaurant to call the doorman to arrange for my car to be brought to the front door in 30 minutes. I was there punctually. The car was no where to be seen. Turned out, the restaurant had not phoned down at all ( she forgot ) so I waited further 10 minutes. All in all, I would not chose to stay there again. The Swissotel round the corner offers far better service and is really smart inside.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank MikeChemnitz
Reviewed April 10, 2014

The staff was wonderful, vey friendly. The lounge area was marvellous, very atmospheric with a piano and a bass player. We had some Martinis there and felt very sophisticated. We ate at the Michelin restaurant, which was a wonderful experience. The food was extraordinary and the sommelier very calm and knowledgeable.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
EricFoedisch, Manager at Hotel Palace Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2014

Dear A.H.

Thank you very much for your pefekt feedback here on tripadvisor.de. I will share your ratings also with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Christian Schumann
Ass. Front Office Manager
c.schumann@palace.de
+49 (0)30 2502-1102

Reviewed April 6, 2014

I'd echo all the positive comments made by other reviewers. We arrived to the warmest of welcomes, and were given all the information we needed. Service was 5 star everywhere in the hotel. Breakfast was superb, the lounge service excellent and what a treat to be able to use the swimming pool after a day's sightseeing. Location could not be better- local buses outside to take you to the Reichstag/ Brandenburg Gate, etc, city bus trips start nearby and of course the train station if you want to go further afield. We went to Potsdam. Lovely restaurants close by and as for shopping- a visit to KaDeWe is an absolute must. My only slight disappointment was that our room, while furnished with everything you need, was very small. Husband thought it was fine, however. We would definitely return and thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
EricFoedisch, Manager at Hotel Palace Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Dear Seftonslady,

Many thanks for your great feedback!

We are glad to read that you were satisfied with your stay and are already planning to return.
Please contact us directly in order to book and allocate the perfect room with regards to the room size for you.

We are already looking forward welcoming you soon again.

Kind regards,

Eric Födisch
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Stayed for 2 nights whilst at a conference that was being held at the Hotel Palace.

This is a Fantastic hotel, great rooms and food.

It is located perfectly for exploring the city, shopping (if that's your thing) and is surrounded by amazing restaurants.

The staff at the hotel are very friendly and helpful.

Will stay here next time in Berlin.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Perky33

Dear Perky33,

Many thanks for your feedback here on TripAdvisor!

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance for your next booking with us.

Kind regards,