Holiday Inn Berlin Airport - Conference Centre
Ranked #224 of 633 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed June 16, 2012

My wife and I and another couple had reservations for July 20, 2012, at 62 Euro per room. The reservations were made by our travel agent so we could catch an early flight from the new Berlin Airport (Brandenberg) to Stockholm. Now the airport opening has been delayed for at least 6 months (Did Holiday Inn know this would happen?? They are, after all, right there.) Holiday Inn refuses a refund, even though there is no way to now use the rooms -- all flights have been re-directed to Tigel, much too far away to use the room and make a 6:30 am flight. After dozens of emails from my agent (Triple A), the hotel (in a fit of generosity!!) offered a 10% refund. Rest assured, I'll never book with another Holiday Inn, anywhere, ever.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Berlin Airport - Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2012

Dear Fred K,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Berlin Airport - Conference Centre. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 16, 2012

A typical airport Holiday Inn. Good for a day or two, but not for a prolonged period. Reasonable rooms and similar price. The rooms are a bit dated, but the housekeeping department does a good job keeping it clean. Decent food and drinks, a little overpriced for the quality.

Should work on training their staff, they are very shy, little experience and do not show they like to work in the hospitality industry. I think that with a bit of care and training they can overcome average.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank zeCritic
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Berlin Airport - Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Dear zeCritic,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am pleased that you appreciate our housekeeping department for doing a good job in keeping the rooms clean. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations with the condition of your room and the service you received during your stay. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. I sincerely hope that the next time you are in Berlin you will give Holiday Inn Berlin Airport - Conference Centre another try.

Again, thank you for your review.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 10, 2012

The room was ok, nothing to complain, nothing to shout about.
On 4 floors, the far rooms are a long walk from reception. The gym is bundled with sauna, massage and is a separate package. No free internet, no pool. Classified as 4-stars, but must be at the low end of the range.

The shuttle was punctual, can be called from the hotel phone station (in front of easyJet arrivals). Drivers were helpful and polite. The main disappointment was that of the 4 people I met at reception, 3 were VERY COLD, more interested in sending me away. For example, when I asked for location of the gym, answer was "4th Floor". You have to realise this hotel is very spread out and the gym is at the very end of the building.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms that are too far from lift.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Nice 4* star hotel close to Schönefeld, good shuttle service, nice rooms. Spa is huge and provided with everything you need. Breakfast was really good, but pricey tough (20 EUR).
But no Internet connection at all! Tried first in the room with a LAN cable, didn't work, then i tried "super fast" WIFI connection in the lobby, didn't work either. Then receptionist advised me to use the Business Center in the lobby. Surprise, surprise connection doesn't work her either.so gave up. If you dont need connection, definitely recommend the hotel for an overnight stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2012

I stay at hotels...A LOT...this property seemed like the perfect location next to work. Airport hotels are usually subpar anyways, but this place takes the cake. Having now stayed here for 2+ weeks total here is my feedback:

1. Why would you put the executive suite (Room 101) above the Kitchen? All night there is thumping noises from the storage and doors bellow

2. A/C is worthless. If the dial is connected to something behind the wall, I'd be surprised. Its the same in all the rooms I have visited.

3. Gym is very rarely cared for. I drank the last of the water and the next 2 days it stayed that way. Also the hours are odd for a business centric hotel.

4. Charge you for everything. Just go ahead and buy into one of the deals as it will save you some heartache with the internet, parking, water bottle, etc.

5. Bar/Restaurant is expensive for what you get. Good for them that there is NOTHING within walking distance.

6. Staff seem new to this gig. I lock the door, hit the DnD button, and still am called early in the morning or attempted to be barged in on.

7. Internet is deplorable. I have to VPN back to the states just to get webpages to load. They perform so much filtering and proxying that the connection requires constant refreshing. For the cost of the connection I expect more. Also they filter things for you. Apparently we aren't adults so "dirty" sites like blogspot.com are offlimits. Oh you are a RSS consumer, screw you!

Positives:

1. Location

2. Clean

3. Parking is free, but there are apparently break-ins around this area.

4. Nice view of the runway. Airplane geeks will enjoy plane spotting

5. Did I already say location?

Room Tip: Stay away from the Room 101 Executive Suite. Also recommend staying on the higher floors facing the...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
msenne, Manager at Holiday Inn Berlin Airport - Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2012

Dear Nick,
we thank you sincerely for your feedback on your recent stay with us. While it saddens us that we could not live up to your expectations, we do appreciate the time you took to write us.
Rest assured that we take your feedback seriously and are already looking into the issues you've reported. I am glad to say that we have already managed to fix a problem with our Internet Service Provider regarding the quality of our network.
We aim to offer high quality service to all of our guests at all times and view every complaint as an opportunity to improve. That said, the prices charged for some of our services are well below average for a hotel in Berlin.
Once again thank you for your feedback.
Kind regards,
Martin Senne
E-Commerce Supervisor

Reviewed May 18, 2012

The spa is nice, the hotel is close to the airport, the room was very nice.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Stayed here one night before catching an early flight from Schoenefeld airport. The airport shuttle collected us from the railway station, it runs every half hour and collects both from the station and the airport itself. It's about 1km from the station to the station so only a short drive and in fact it would be walkable on a nice day.

The welcome from the front desk staff was very good and we got upgraded to a junior suite which was very pleasant. It looks as if the hotel has recently been refurbished and they seem to have done a good job.

Had dinner in the restaurant, I generally avoid hotel restaurants but in this one the food was actually pretty good, but the service was patchy. Order taken promptly, food was delivered quick enough and was hot and tasty. But then nothing, no-one came near us to ask if we wanted another drink, did we want dessert or to bring the bill, in the end I had to get up and ask for it, and I noticed others doing the same. Don't get me wrong the service was friendly enough, but I'm used to people coming to me not the other way around. But it was the accommodation we were actually there for and that was fine.

Caught the free shuttle bus to the airport the next morning which worked perfectly.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Englishlee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berlin
IntercityHotel Berlin-Brandenburg Airport
Best Western Premier Airporthotel Fontane Berlin
Ibis Budget
Ibis Budget
#6 of 7 in Schonefeld

Been to Holiday Inn Berlin Airport - Conference Centre? Share your experiences!