“Excellent in every respect”

Mercure Airport Hotel Berlin Tegel
Ranked #283 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed May 7, 2013

You could not get closer to the airport and with continuous shuttle service available, you are there in minutes. Clean, spacious and comfortable, this hotel is a great value. Very reasonably priced. Robes and slippers, free Internet, free coffee and water in the room.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank RodNew

Reviewed May 5, 2013

This is a very good option if you are traveling from Tegel Airport and need a hotel close by. Traffic in Berlin can be very bad, so it makes sense to stay close by! the hotel is just a few minutes away by a (paid) shuttle, though i would not recommend trying to walk there. I had a rental car, and the hotel has a huge parking area- however in the usual Mercure/accor fashion there is a charge for the parking. It is fairly hefty (12 Euro per night) but since the hotel price itself is quite low i think it is still worth it.

Almost everything else also requires additional payment, however if you look closely on the internet you may be able to find a breakfast inclusive rate. Breakfast is fairly good. Staff is also very helpful, i had a small problem with my bags and they really gave me more help than i expected.

Rooms are very big and comfortable for the price. No view to speak of, since it is an airport hotel but i also have no complaints about any noise.

2  Thank NG42
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Guten Tag,
We stayed at the Mercure Hotel on the night of May 1, 2013. We had flown in from Vienna and did not realize that there was a shuttle, till a taxi driver let us know. The shuttle was so convenient to get to the hotel, and then in the morning to get back to Tegel. The room was nicely done and clean. The restaurant menu was a little weak but for myself only, I like lighter healthier foods. We had a small knosh when we arrived, we did not have the breakfast plan. Even for Europe the toilet paper was of low quality. We had booked in advance and felt the room rate was a good deal. It is an airport hotel so our expectations in that regards were more than met.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tucsondesertrats
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I reserved a non-smoking room and they assigned me a smoking room that smelled like a casino or a night club (before they prohibited smoking in these places). It was awfull even for a smoking room
They change my room
The air conditioning in the new room was not working. They could not offer any solution but to tell me to open the window!! As you can imagine it is not very easy to sleep in a hotel close to an airport with the Windows open and more tan 20ºC outside.
Until now I have not received any offer for compensation from the hotel despite my complaints to the people in reception and an email to the General Manager

2  Thank delfin r
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We booked this hotel thru AA and got a good rate of $100, including free shuttle and breakfast Arriving at the airport, we went to the info booth and they called the shuttle for us, within 15 mins we were in our room. The room was small but very clean and the beds comfortable. Windows opened to allow fresh air in. The bathroom was spotless and well equipped with hair dryer and soaps. The tub was very tall so getting in wasn't easy if you have any hip or knee problems, and there were no hand bars.
There is only a full service restaurant, quite expensive, so if you only want coffee or a snack, pick them up at the airport before leaving. There is a mini bar in the room, but no coke or snack machines.
Breakfast was amazing, the best croissants and pastries I have ever eaten, lots of fruit eggs bacon cereals and cold cuts, (I would stay here just for the breakfast)! and the service was great.
The staff was very friendly and helpful, we would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: If you have any problems with hips, ask for a handicapped room as the bathtub/shower is very tall to...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cactusmo0
Reviewed April 27, 2013

You stay here because it is close to Tegel airport and they a have a free airport shuttle, period. Otherwise is is a generic feeling modern American style hotel. Feels sterile after staying in B&B's in old historic buildings and cities. The hotel is not close to anything except the airport, and your only dining choice within walking distance is the overpriced hotel restaurant. I question whether the hotel could exist if not for the airport proximity, and wonder what will happen to it when the new Brandenburg airport finally opens. Anyway, the room was big and clean, restaurant food was mediocre to good. Two free PC's in the lobby, but charged for WiFi in the room.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2013

My employer paid 149 EUR for a night and for that price I would expect at least an included breakfast. Instead, I had to pay 18 EUR of the breakfast and considering that the breakfast was an ordinary hotel breakfast and not like a nice brunch (like the kind of which I had in a nice restaurant in Copenhagen for the same price) it felt like a rip-off.

There was no free WI-FI anywhere in the hotel, but there were two public computers with printers in the lobby. I was in a hurry to make an online check-in for the flight and I had to kindly ask for the people using the computers to allow me a few minutes for an internet access. The Wi-Fi access in the meeting room was not very convenient as each meeting participant got their own access codes and in our case there were not enough codes for all the participants (maybe they would had given some extra, if needed and asked to). The room was quite basic, but clean. The colours made me feel like I had gone back in time to the 1960's East Germany.

The service in the hotel was ok, but the cleaning staff made some extra pop-ups to the room when I was there. First time it happened during the evening when I arrived and the second time during the morning of departure. At least the cleaners knocked and open the door discretely, but still I wondered that didn't they know when a room has been cleaned or not. One of the receptionists in the lobby did not understand English very well and an older colleague had to come to rescue. During the morning of departure one lady at the reception seemed a bit sour for some reason.

The room was quiet, but the air conditioning was louder than the passing airplanes. Fortunately the air conditioning had three speed settings and it could also be switched off. The bed was quite hard, which I prefer, the pillows were just the right size and the blanket was not too hot. In general, the sleeping quality was good.

I could recommend this hotel, if the prices are right.