Hotel Crowne Plaza Berlin City Centre
$194
$152
Trip.com
2,532 results
All reviewskosher breakfastkadewe department storeshopping areaaround the cornerexcellent locationmini barbusiness triphotel restaurantzoo stationbusiness hotelcomfortable hotelchristmas marketper dayfew minutes walkpublic transportationdouble roomtegel airport
FilterAll languages
998 - 1,003 of 2,532 reviews
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

It's always a crapshoot with Crowne Plazas. The one in Causeway Bay, HK was so amazing - beautiful modern hotel with great amenities and fantastic service. The one on Abu Dhabi has such dated amenities and a dinghy feel.
This one in Berlin is kind of the same - but with slightly better amenities. Also charges for wifi. The service staff isn't very clued in. For some reason almost everyone is a trainee and doesn't know what's going on. Both of our room key cards got deactivated which is a huge pet peeve because it's so much of a pain to go back down to the lobby, especially when you're tired and want to just unwind. When I went down to the lobby to activate the key cards, there was also another guest ahead of me who had the same problem.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank zephyrous
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Crowne Plaza Berlin City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear zephyrous,

Thank you for your review and for enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. I appreciate your compliments regarding how beautiful and great our hotel is with great amenities and fantastic service. Whilst I am pleased with the good comments, I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. I am sorry for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay with us. As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Good hotel fitting of a 4 star rating.
Excellent location to shops, bars and nightlife.
Nice heated swimming pool.
Rooms were of good size and well kept.
Only slight issue was the heat, even with the air con on, the room was still quite hot.
WiFi is not free and that is disappointing as WiFi is a necessity for the business traveller of today.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights in this hotel, it was very clean and modern. Breakfast was excellent with a big variety of food. Swimming pool was great too. Location close to a main street of shops, malls and metro, however bit far from the city center itself. Would recommend it to everyone who wants to spend a quality time in Berlin.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I stayed 2 nights in this hotel during my working trip.
The rooms are nice and spacious, and that's mostly the only plus that I've found.
I tried to heat the room, but the a/c did nothing but noise.
You have to act very carefully when touching things, because you are likely to pay for them, starting with a soda on your table and further to a wrong button on TV remote control.
The internet is paid, 12.5 Euro per day (!). There is also an Ethernet cable on the table (paid too). On connection, it showed 10MBps speed - enough for mails and weather. 12.5 Euro per day for mails and weather?
My colleague and I were rewarded by drink vouchers on arrival. We were told by a waiter to take a table to be served, waited for half an hour and left dry. Later on we found out that the voucher is served in some other place - truly "exceptional" service.
On check-out we left our luggage in a luggage room and each case was labeled with a number. When we asked for our luggage and handed the numbers to the hotel servant, he came back and forth 3 times with different suitcases, until we received those that we left.
The breakfast was OK, good choice of everything.
I did not use the pool and sauna, so there is nothing to say about it.
My feeling is that Berlin is full of good and affordable hotels. I have marked this one as one to avoid.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Albeck-Zehden, Manager at Hotel Crowne Plaza Berlin City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear Ilia T.,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Your comments are very important to us as we rely on you to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.
We have taken note of your valuable comments regarding the internet service as well as the bar and luggage service. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and assure you that this does not correspond to the standard of our hotel. We will use your feedback to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a short business trip, and found it to be clean, comfortable and reasonable value. The room was a standard double with a King size bed and choice of pillows. It is very conveniently located close to the Berlin Zoo and other tourist areas, especially the shops. In fact it is so close to the shops that I did not bother with the expensive hotel breakfast, and nipped across the road to a very nice coffee shop instead.
All in all, I was very happy.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business