“Good, reasonable price”
Review of Hotel Park Consul

Hotel Park Consul
Ranked #311 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Having spent a week touring round Saxony, we wanted to stay in a Berlin hotel the night before we flew home and this suited our needs for a one night stay. The room was a little shabby but was clean. We paid 81 Euros for a double room including breakfast and there was a good selection at the breakfast buffet. The fact that they had an underground car park was also a bonus for us.

Room Tip: Our room was at the front of the building looking out on to the street. I was worried that we might...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Convenient location next to metro stop. Helpful staff. Clean rooms. The hotel has some older furnishings that might could be updated to get rid of a moldy smell in the hallways but a fine experience overall.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed the third time, during a tradeshow, basic rooms, bit aged (furniture & carpet), tiny bathroom, thin duvet (if you can call it that). Staff are friendly, breakfast buffet is basic but hearty with German dark bread, cold cuts, boiled eggs alongside yoghurt and juice. I'll rather spend 30-40 Euros more in future to stay in a newer, less used hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This was a return visit to Berlin for me after an absence of 30 years. We stayed in the golden tulip in Moabite. One of the few hotels we could find that had secure parking and within our price band. Moabite is a fairly run down area of Berlin and is located to the top of the tiergarten. The room was of a good size for a city hotel, clean, tidy and in good condition. Judging by the number of people at breakfast I assume the hotel didn't have many guests, which is a shame, despite the area the hotel is quite pleasant. Breakfast was very good and certainly up there with some better hotels that we have stayed in. Berlin is an excellent city to explore on foot, albeit extremely tiring. We were there for 4 days and as usual over planned what we wanted to see. Good excuse to go again. Would I stay at the same hotel, probably not, because of the area, which is a shame as the hotel deserves better.
The changes to the city are phenomenal and what was East Berlin has become the new west. Resaurants, hotels, shops all of the highest standard and easily out shining the old west. The ku-dam is now looking tired and jaded although the Ka-De-We still shines out with its high quality goods.
All in all a good time!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I stayed here for one night on business. the place is very run down. The car park looked like something out of a horror movie. Reception staff were friendly but gave you the feeling you were not to be trusted, as you had to pay up front. Facilities are poor and the room was very run down with a bed that was obviously past its best. To get evening food you need to brave the main sreet outside which has a ghetto feel and was littered with drunks just outside the entry door.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank nick r
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed here on night for business because of the price and location. Rooms were big, and the hotel was quiet. (I even had a street side rom, but since it was cold, the window stayed closed. But you are in a big city, so even with the window open, one gets noise when staying in a city.) The bathroom could have been cleaner, but it was ok. The staff were friendly. Breakfast was fine, although I've had better at cheaper hotels. Wifi in rooms was strong, fast and cheap (5€ for 24 hours). The bed was super comfortable. Parking is a bit weird, as you have to ring a bell to get into the garage... but you have to park your car blocking foot traffic to do so.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Katja W
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I stayed here with my family for the last night of a trip in several cities. Because of the timing, I just needed a place close to Tegel to sleep before getting up early for a flight. The staff was very helpful, efficient, polite, and bi-lingual. The lobby design is poor, which is to say, there is no lobby, but a "reception" area up one flight of stairs off the street. The rooms were big enough and clean. On the downside, there is no business center to print off boarding passes, etc. The staff helped by sending me to an internet cafe next door, which got the job done, but wasn't something I felt like I wanted to do at midnight. The neighborhood is marginal. I wound up dealing with a beggar out front asking "just 30 cents to buy beer". In retrospect maybe I should have given him the 30 cents and followed him to where he was buying beer that cheap, but probably not. Also, our room fronted the street and we did have a lot of street noise, so take heed in asking for a room in the back.

Room Tip: Park side rooms have to be quieter. I had older teen children, but I'm not sure I'd stay he...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family