“The PUB - Good burgers and perhaps the BEST SWEET POTATO FRENCH FRIES IN THE WORLD(!)”
Review of The Pub

The Pub
Ranked #459 of 9,059 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: British, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mitte
Description: In "The Pub" you eat probably the best burger in Berlin and you can tap your own beer at your own table - unique in Berlin!
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Im a big burger fan and I've eaten at some of the best burger places in the world, at least the best burger places in New York, New Orleans, Stockholm and so on.. These include places like Shake Shack (NYC), Bills Bar & Burgers (NYC), A.G. Kitchen (NYC), AG (SWE) and so on.
Due to my love for burgers I booked a place at THE PUB while visiting Berlin. We (9 persons all together) tried different burgers such as Cheseburger, English Royal (300g) and so on. The burger was good, not Shake Shack quality, but still a really good burger. I would recommend the cheese burger if you like the simple kind of burgers. Still, thats not why I am writing this review. The only reason why I am writing this review is the Sweet Potato French Fries. I've had them at a lot of places around. These are the best one's yet, THEY ARE CRAZY GOOD.

Extremly crispy on the outside, sweet on the inside. I've had really good sweet potato french fries, but the PUB has taken these to a new level. If you visits the PUB, get the Sweet Potato French Fries. If you for some reason can't afford both a burger and the french fries, ORDER THE SWEET POTATO FRENCH FRIES.

Note, the regular french fries wasn't so good.

1  Thank Joakim O
Write a ReviewReviews (1,089)

Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

We were staying in Berlin for four nights & visited The Pub twice! Great atmosphere, lovely & friendly waitresses, tasty food & a novelty being able to pull our own beers from the taps in front of us on the table. Very busy on the first night (wednesday) and even busier upon return (Saturday) so we had two spanish ladies seated on the same table as us. All in all a great experience & would definitely recommend it.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

The pub is a novel set up with beer on tap at your table and you order drinks and food from your tables.
Staff were helpful especially if you are not used to technology for the ordering. We were a stag group of 17 and had two tables. There were a variety of customers from groups to couples, it was busy on the Friday night we went, so best to check ahead and book.
Burgers were the main fodder for our group, decent size and quality, served medium unless specified. Decent sides of onion rings, nachos etc.
Portions are big and we were stuffed, pretty sure it had nothing to do with all the beer we drank! The whole party loved the place and concept.
I can imagine it is the sort of place that may have the odd glich if you don't book, order incorrectly etc, but from our experience is a place we would all have highly recommended.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

Saw all the positive reviews so decided to book a table. Asked were they showing the football and they said they were. Excellent night ahead I thought. Arrived to a grumpy manager who said they decided not to show it. Total let down so I left

2  Thank Barry T
Reviewed May 7, 2014

The draw of this bar was the novelty of having your own beer taps at the table, but actually it was much more than that. The burgers are excellent – I recommend the Power Up burger which had creamy mushrooms inside. The beer is great and it's nice to be able to just pour your own cold beer and drink at your own pace. You can also order other drinks through the screen above the beer pumps so if you don't fancy queuing at the bar this place is perfect. I am sure you get lots of rowdy groups in here on Friday and Saturday nights, but we enjoyed it on Sunday night when it was a bit quieter.