“Fabulous Hotel”

Ranked #92 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Hotel”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

A friend and I decided to spend the Bank Holiday weekend in Berlin. The hotel offered a two bed fully equipped apartment for an incredible prize. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. The apartment was fantastic and was very close to an underground station which made getting around Berlin easy. Though it did only took 20 minutes to walk to the Brandenburg Gate. I would certainly use this hotel again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank KelBells_12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stayed at the Sana during a weekend trip to Berlin with my boyfriend. Upon arrival the staff were very friendly and provided us with a map of the city (this helped us immensely over the weekend when we were trying to get to grips with the city's transport system!). The double room we stayed in was very modern and sleek and even had a black out blind which came down at the touch of a button on the wall. The bed was spacious and comfortable and the shower was amazing!
However, one point I would make is that the bathroom, although gorgeous, looks straight into the bedroom area and there is no privacy in that respect. This was fine for us as a couple but for others sharing a room it may not be as suitable. The lighting in the room was also quite dark.
All in all the Sana is definitely a hotel worth staying at. It is quiet and not directly set in the hustle and bustle of the city centre, but only a short walk away so still very convenient. I would stay again and would not hesitate to recommend it to others.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JOANNE G
Alcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I have recently returned from a trip to Berlin - a trip that involved both work and sight seeing. The SANA Berlin was conveniently located for the conference I was attending as well as perfectly located for easy access to the U-Bahn etc. I found the hotel to be very welcoming and well equipped. The breakfast was excellent - lots of choice and all very fresh etc. Towards the end of the week (when I was joined by my husband) we enjoyed breakfast in a local cafe - cafe Eterna - we found this to be great value and a welcome change from the hotel buffet.

The bedroom was very comfortable and as you'd expect kept very clean throughout my stay. The reception staff were very friendly and extremely helpful when it came to booking taxis, arranging dinner and travel cards etc.

My only criticisms of the hotel are as follows:

- You were only able to access the internet (at a charge) down in reception. They didn't inform you of this when you purchased the code. I really think that a hotel of this standard should provide free wifi down in reception - it is so much a part of travel these days.
- When I arrived I was unable to check into a bedroom - this was not ideal as I was heading straight out to a conference.
- It didn't personally bother me but you should be aware that there is very little privacy in the bedroom - with glass doors between the bathroom and the bedroom.

All in all, I would definitely return to this hotel.

1 Thank lotty84
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

Mordern hotel, friendly & helpful staff, comfortable bed, great shower, central location, value for money. Also loved the sauna, steam and small pool, dinners in the portuguese restaurant was delicious!

• Stayed August 2012
Siuntio, Finland
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Just stayed at SANA for 2 days. I booked the 2 bedroom appartment via booking.com for 2 nights. Something went wrong and we had to change to a double room for the second night... The 2 bedroom app. was realy nice - big - clean - 2 bathrooms, about 15 closets.. ;-)) nice kitchen. So want wasnt good?
1. The stove didnt work. The cleaning lady said she would get help. Noone botherd. Could have brought us a water kettle - that would have done it. Really silly there isnt one automatically?
2. NO aircondition. If your on the street side - window open. NOICY.
3. I didnt have my laptop - so I wanted to do my checkin on hotels computer.. which was impossible - the line was SO SLOW... so if you need internet access from the hotel - I dont recomend this one.
4. The double room. Had to pay 40 euros more than the appartment.. no water kettle there either. The shower floor looked horrible - dont no what had happened there ??

These faults are actually really easy to correct and make the rating to great. If Id go again, it would be into the appartments - with my water kettle :-)) And oh yes ! Have to mention the breakfast. That was one of the best I have seen. Really yummy!

Room Tip: Facing the inner court. Demand aircondition that works - if there is one?
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Sari G
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 17, 2012

My partner and I stayed here for four nights and what I would say is that it was good value and reasonably cheap compared to some other hotels in Berlin. The people at the desk were generally friendly and helpful, but the bar staff could be more attentive and friendly. It wouldn't kill them to smile once in awhile.

The rooms are clean and reasonably spacious, but not all rooms seem to have wifi everywhere which is a little annoying if you come here for business or need to check your emails. We asked if we could be moved, but the place which we were given was noisy and there was an incident with a half-naked man screaming at someone in the lift. This was quickly settled however after we rang the main desk. We decided that lack of wifi beats noise and annoying people.

All in all, this is an hotel, which does not have any serious problems, but they could work a little bit on making the atmosphere and environment a little more conducive to a nice holiday.

2 Thank bathreviewsmc
Gisborne, New Zealand
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I stayed at the Sana Berlin Hotel for one night in August 2012 with my husband. My only complaint is that I didn't stay there longer! We got a really good deal on the room rate booking in advance and on arrival we where given a larger room which had a balcony. The room was beautiful and clean with large mirrored doors opening into a bathroom / wetroom. The staff were friendly and helpful - from leading us an adapter plug to helping us book on the tour-bus. Breakfast was included in the room rate and was a really nice buffet breakfast with plenty of choice. Location-wise it was a little out of town but Berlin centre is within easy walking distance and the area was lovely and quiet. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Berlin.