“Clean and comfortable”

Ranked #8 of 188 Berlin B&B and Inns
Houston, Texas
“Clean and comfortable”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights on my recent visit to Berlin. The room was clean and very comfortable. Good location with many restaurants in the area and a U-Bahn station a block away. Good deal for the quality and location. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Turkish first
Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Hey it was first time in Berlin and Germany and traveled there from Northern Germany. After visiting relatives in Holstein-Schleswig it was time to let my head loose (bald shaved head). When I got up to the hotel the desk clerk put me in the large room across the hall and showed me all the amenities. Nice room, well decorated, balcony overlooking the street, 10ft ceilings. "Good bones" a hotel with character and an old world friendly staff. I felt I was somewhere else. The breakfast was well stocked. I could have stayed in a chain but so glad I took a chance on this place cause it was a gay hotel. Every friend who has taken my recommendation has enjoyed this place. It was also very close to the gay clubs (down stairs, in the3 base ment a few on the next street. I cant wait to go back

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed June 11, 2012

This is a very nicely decorated hotel. It has large rooms, a nice and clean shower, and a good size flat screen TV. The room has a high ceiling, tall windows, and a French balcony. Very spacious. My only complaint is that the curtains let tons of sunlight in. For a light sleeper like me, this was a big deal. But if you don't care, then it should be fine. Also, as nice and large the bed is, it was a bit too hard for me. And I actually like hard beds (That's what I thought until I stayed in this hotel) Overall, it was a very pleasant stay and I would definitely come back again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed June 11, 2012

My partner and I stayed at this hotel last week [over the Jubilee weekend] for 4 nights in a junior suite. The hotel calls it an apartment. The lift was left open on the 3rd floor of this beautiful and typical Berlin building so we had to lug ourselves and the luggage 3 floors. A very friendly Bernadette [sorry if I got that wrong] who checked us in and escorted us to the room in the annexe with a separate entrance. The room was wow! I would kill to have it as an apartment in central London [However and alas that the management is planning to hike that room cost due to operational reasons, shame] It was a beautiful room on the second floor with a kitchenette and plenty of space. The bed was on the harder side which we prefer rather than sinking so deep that one gets choked. The wardrobe needed firming up as [probably] being an advert for Ikea it was old and peeled at the back. The other furniture was definitely out of an Ikea catalogue and I say this politely because there is nothing wrong with Ikea furniture :-) Right people?
We paid for breakfast locally as and when you consume it as long as you let the reception know the previous night if you are not going to have it. It was again served by a very bright eyed and bushy tailed young guy [sorry am not a morning person so everyone else feel perkier than me!] You get a plate of assorted hams, cheeses, buffet of juices, cereals, fresh breads fruits etc. topped with eggs to order! The room was classic designed [I am guessing by one of our own community designers] black and white striped seats and although it may seem compact not everyone comes for breakfast at the same time hence you don't have more than 3/4 people at one time. It is supposed to be open till late in case someone has decided to retire for the day as soon as the sun rose. One of the days I wanted to have a typical Berlin breakfast hence had skipped it.
The hotel is bang on in the gay area with clubs all around and below the hotel. I felt it was worth the additional amount for the larger room for two large men like us. The staffs including housekeeping were ever so friendly and the free Wi-Fi worked very well. I did peep into a couple of open regular deluxe doubles and they looked fine too. It felt like a nice homey feeling without having to clean up :-) and with the privacy of your own apartment to match.
All in all a perfect gay hotel. Even if you are not gay then as long as you are aware of it then it can be a good choice for you as the staffs make you comfortable. The surrounding area has a school/post office/various restaurants/car parking/wine bar/ convenience store, etc.

Room Tip: If you are a couple then definitely worth upgrading to the junior suite or the larger double. Always...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
London, UK
Reviewed June 6, 2012

No longer do you have to struggle out of bed while on holiday. Yes, breakfast is served until 4pm. Not only that, but the hotel is very nicely decorated and the rooms are kept very clean.

I stayed 3 nights in the single room next to the reception. It was a bit noisy at times, but not too bad considering how close it was to reception. As a traveller I always have my earplugs anyway. The room was very well priced for Berlin and the location was easy to find and easy to get to via the bus (from Tegel) and U-bahn.

I will definitely stay there again if I make it back to Berlin.

Thanks all!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Queensland
Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

Once I found my way up to the 3rd floor after a very long flight I was greeted by a lovely lady who checked me in and made me feel at home. I was given room 6 which I think is the best in the hotel. I loved the decor, so different from your standard hotel room and really felt at home here. The room was large with very high ceilings and spotlessly clean and comfortable. It's not a large hotel, more like an upmarket guest house which offered that personal touch. Free wifi worked a treat and I loved that I could open up all the windows for fresh air. Only 2 criticisms and for me only minor ones, the curtains do let in the light, maybe a pull down blind could be installed, also because the room was very close to reception I could hear all conversations coming from there during the day but I would definitely stay here again, loved it.

Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank andyoz
Sweden
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Spent three nights in this hotel in May, and I must say I sort of fell in love with it. Strictly speaking there are no fancy things which should make you excited, but it boils down to a cosy, almost family, feeling. Rooms are no luxury, but nicely designed with a bit "rough" touch. Very good beds, dense and stable but not too hard.

No "darkroom curtains", so if you want it pitch black during night this is not possible. You can use the normal curtains to shut out most of the light though.Toilet with shower cabin was spotlessly clean and looks newly renovated. Sink is not in the toilet but in the room, a bit odd, but works well. The wooden room floor squeaks quite a bit when you walk on it, charming or annoying, you decide.

Friendly and nice staff, doing their best to make you feel happy. Breakfast is good with most things you would expect, and the staff will fix egg, bacon etc. if you want it. Very good location close to subways, shops, clubs, restaurants. Although the area is a bit of a gay district with lots of sex-related shops and bars, it is no problem and feels completely safe.

Free WiFi in the hotel with relatively good speed (around 3 Mbps downlink), somewhat less in the evenings as probably other rooms added to the load. Old but working elevator taking you to the third floor (all rooms are at that floor).

Added some pics from room 8, which is a double room facing the Fuggerstrasse. I will definitely come back to this hotel for my next trips to Berlin.

Room Tip: Probably a bit noisier with rooms towards Fuggerstrasse due to the pub at street level, but in early...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business