“good stay are Arco”

Ranked #290 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Kfar Vradim, Israel
“good stay are Arco”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

nice hotel, central located, good breakfast, when we stay the hotel was under reconstruction, so a little bit noisy but owner was very nice and all his staff
nearby Vietnamese restaurant - very good food
excellent holiday!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Tampa Bay, Florida, United States
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We chose to stay in this hotel for a second visit to Berlin for 9 nights for the reasons cited by Catherine K and Bill B. All staff (Herr Michael Reuter, Frau Corinne Macoritto, and the regular Fruhstuck hostess whose name I did not get) helped us enjoy our stay with smiles and greetings, second pots of coffee at breakfast upon request, printing out of boarding passes, and purchases of Berlin welcome cards and U-bahn cards. Our superior double room on the ground floor was wonderful with a spacious, well-equipped bath. As noted by Catherine K, the WiFi did not work. Even in the office, I could download email but none of my outgoing email was delivered until I reached EWR on my return home. (I went offline for the rest of my stay but paid the 5 euros anyway.) The other negative was the ongoing rehabbing of the top floor which meant large sheets of plastic ballooned in and out with the wind, workmen made noise starting early in the morning, and scaffolding surrounded the courtyard. Fortunately, the construction noise only affected us a few days out of our stay. I wish they had informed me before my visit so I could have made an informed choice before reserving our room. The problems with the WiFi and construction are why I couldn't give Hotel Arco the highest rating this time.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
New City, New York
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We were very satisfied with our four night stay at the Arco Hotel. Even though we opted for the less expensive double room, it was roomy, clean, and had a good bathroom. The breakfast included hot foods, cold cuts, cereal and various breads and cakes. My only complaint was that WIFI (5E total for the 4 days)did not work in our room and I had to go to the lobby to get access. Apparently it works in most, but not all, rooms. The location between Maria Luisa Platz & Wittenburg Platz was near public transportation and yet seemed like it was not in the middle of a big city. There were plenty of restaurants in the area that seemed more local than touristy. And the staff was very helpful, even printing out our plane boarding passes before we left. If I am ever in Berlin again, I would definately go back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Catherine K
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The Arco Hotel on Geisbergstr in Schoneberg is the perfect place to stay in Berlin. The neighborhood (just around the corner from Viktoria-Luisa Park) will remind you of an exclusive street in Greenwich Village. It's quiet, leafy, and serene----and just a very short walk away from three U-Bahn stops and all the Schoneberg clubs and restaurants you'll want to go to. The accommodations are spotless and comfortable, the staff are all cheerful and helpful, and the breakfast (included in the price) is delicious and will fill you up til dinner. If the weather's nice, enjoy an extra cup of coffee while you read your newspaper in the courtyard garden. This was my second stay at the Arco, and I'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: No pool, no fitness center. But you have two fgeet-----take a walk in the beautiful neighborhood!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Bill B
Sheffield
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My initial impression of the hotel was a little disappointing. The entrance is a tad scruffy and the carpet rather dirty ... on getting to the room it reminded me of an English sea side B&B - not a great start. The neighborhood was quiet and residential and this made me think we were miles from the center - though in reality its only a 5 minute walk to the main shopping street, underground and tour buses etc so central and quiet - great.

The hosts were friendly and I rather liked the breakfast - large pot of tea - cereal and lovely fresh bread etc - in a bright room that was plenty big enough for the number of guests - what more could you want ? So, as the week went by I warmed to the place and on reflection would go back. There are loads of good restaurants within 5 minutes walk - the Vietnamese was great and good value. With a little work on the entrance and decor it could be a real gem in a great city.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank AW123456789
Greeley
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Arco Hotel - Berlin - From previous stays, I knew that, in this small middle-aged hotel the single rooms are small, especially if you’re stuck in one during bad weather. I reserved a “small double” room at their site and it was just right. Plenty stowage, very good bathroom, nice view of the courtyard, and ample breakfasts in a pleasant room with newspapers (in German) and free (if goofy) WiFi. Staff was very accommodating, friendly, helpful, and polite - even housekeeping!

It’s in a nice, quiet neighborhood, convenient to transportation but, if you take a taxi, be sure to have a map for the driver - there’s another street with a similar name some distance from the Arco’s location and they’ll charge you for getting lost. Very short walking distance to KaDeWe (“the Continent’s largest department store” with everything from cheap snacks in the supermarket to $2,000 cigarette lighters and probably more that I didn’t find or want to buy but it’s fun to just shop. Mass transit (bus & U-Bahn) is at the front door of KaDeWe.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights with my husband & teenage son. Quiet residential area. Easy walk from 2 metro stations. Good size room. Small fee for WiFi. Breakfast was good. Helpful staff re transport etc. Purchased tickets for hop off, hop on bus. They recommended a good local German restaurant. Taxi to main train station about 11 euros. Would stay again

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family