“Exquisite lunchtime concert”

and up
Private Tour: Berlin Architecture Tour
Ranked #16 of 954 things to do in Berlin
More attraction details
Owner description: Often a tough ticket, the Berlin Philharmonic features some of the best classical music to be had in Germany.
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I found out about the free lunchtime concerts on this page and went along on 26/11/13. They are every Tuesday at 1300 hours. Do make sure when you visit Berlin that you do this. You have no excuse not to. It was absolutely terrific and beautiful. It was an absolute pleasure to hear such stunning music performed at world class standards. The next time I visit I shall try to attend one of the famous evening performances. The lunchtime concerts are in the main foyer and I would advise you to arrive early to secure a seat. It doesn't matter if you don't as people file in all over place, up staircases, leaning against railings, wherever they can. In fact, I arrived about five minutes late and the 'Trio Korngold' (Joachim Carr - Piano; Kajana Packo - Cello; Diana Tishchenko - Violin) were playing Haydn's Piano Trio in G-Major no 25. I am not an emotional person but I was moved to tears by the music. Obviously, I did not let my girlfriend see this!

1  Thank Eliot P
Write a ReviewReviews (2,887)
All reviews
"concerto"
in 24 reviews
"brahms"

Reviewed November 25, 2013

There is nothing to dislike, this is an amazing, truly original rationalist structure with perfect sound and one of the best symphonic orchestras in the world. I went to see a diva perform (A.S. Mutter), and seats @USD60 brought me rught next to the stage. Incredible experience.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

The feed is absolutely amazing, the interior is gorgeous and I highly recommend concert-goers from all over the globe to check this magnificent place out.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

We came from far away ( Paris ) to see the famous berliner philarmoniker.
What is my big disappointment over the fact below ...
I’ve done my booking tickets on their internet site and like all tourists I’m not having a printer on a trip. So i’m going directly on the berliner philarmoniker.
Unable to get my tickets at the counter even if I showing the tickets on my smartphone and even my identity card , the pretext to " paper must !!!!"
To withdraw from the situation, The persons asked me to print my tickets in Donuts shop without printer or seek nonexistent internet points around .
I find it shameful for an institution like the Berliner Philarmoniker , tourists do not necessarily have an attached printer on the back .
For information, for one or two Euros in Paris it is possible to print the document at the counter.

8  Thank sambotpas31