“Great food, lovely atmosphere”
Review of Dicke Wirtin

Dicke Wirtin
Ranked #134 of 9,561 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: German
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Charlottenburg
Reviewed January 13, 2015

Stopped here for lunch on a holiday to Berlin. It had great food - lots of local specials that you would expect like pork, sauerkraut, currywurst etc.

Service was very good too, the staff were courteous and friendly. I'd definitely recommend it.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,453)

Reviewed January 10, 2015

we went without reserving which was a mistake as no tables available so ate at bar. It seems pub always busy so be prepared for that. Service not the best as our waiter didn't seem fussed. However food and beer great and cost reasonable. worth the visit!

Reviewed January 8, 2015 via mobile

Cozy typical brauhaus atmosphere, an excellent local beer and delicious food. Came back three times with girlfriend and business partners.
Very crowded sometimes.
Prices are ok

Reviewed January 7, 2015

I visited this restaurant during my wonderful stay in Berlin, as I wanted to try a local restaurant. This one is more like a pub with the plate service.

The location is quite convenient - near Savignyplatz S-Bahn station.

As I stayed in Berlin in the end of November 2014, they served dishes from a special Christmas menu already in the restaurant. I chose venison roast served with cherry and pepper sauce, Brussels sprout and dumplings. They served cellar beer called Mönchshof Kellerbier, which had a very pleasant taste.

The food and drink were both excellent.

Unfortunately, the service was extremely poor. I came to the restaurant (Saturday evening) and found a table without a reservation. There were 3 waiters serving in the restaurant. A lady came to me, so I ordered and she put a reservation tag on the table. A gentleman came around and just said: "You don't know how to read. It is reserved". I just said, that the table hadn't been marked as reserved, when I came. A bit strange...

Finally the lady served 1 jug of beer and I finished it. I asked the lady twice, to get another jug, but either she forgot or ignored my request.

I usually leave a tip. Not on this occasion. I can understand, that Saturday evening might be challenging, but with 3 people waiting, I would expect a better service.

Well done to the chef - the dish was delicious!!!

Reviewed January 6, 2015

We tried to go here on a Friday night without booking but sadly were turned away. The staff were very friendly though and booked us a table for the following night. So one piece of advice would definitely be to book! Even if you pop in to the restaurant to reserve. The front part of the building is a small pub so stopping for one of their huge selection of beers is always another option!

The staff were all incredibly welcoming and it felt like sitting in someone's front lounge. It had a very homey atmosphere and there were so many things to look at on the walls. There's a huge selection of beers and many German wines. The menu seemed pretty traditional and all food is cooked freshly from scratch so although this meant waiting a little longer than usual it was well worth the wait!

On a Saturday night they had some live acoustic music for about half an hour which really made the atmosphere.

All in all I cannot recommend this place enough! The food was delicious, there was huge variety, it wasn't a touristy gimmick and the staff were incredibly accommodating. It was also incredibly good value for money! A main course and 2 large beers for 20 euros!