“Surely the best steak in Berlin!”
Review of Steakhouse ASADOR

Steakhouse ASADOR
Ranked #69 of 8,720 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Argentinean, Barbecue, German, Grill
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Kreuzberg
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Found this restaurant thanks to TripAdvisor. We've not reviewed a restaurant before, but felt we had to for Asador.

Possibly the best fillet steak we've ever had! Perfectly cooked, with a tasty peppercorn sauce and sides, washed down with a bottle of red wine. Super friendly staff, delicious food and good value for money too!

Probably not a restaurant you'd just stumble across, but easy enough to find when you know the address.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Got the restaurant recommended from a friend and it 100% fulfilled my expectations - I'll go there again next time I'm in Berlin.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Great steaks at great prices, the restaurant was easy to find and near a metro station. My steak was cooked just as I like it, the green beans were a delicious accompaniment as were the fries.

Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

We went there after we saw the good reviews from trip adviser. Food is great with friendly staff. We ordered pepper steak, rumpsteak, asparagus and a beer, which cost us ?40. Although we are not a big fan of steak, but the steaks are really good for the price we paid. However, the dark beer we ordered was just alright.

1  Thank RevinaT
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stopped by Asador after reading the positive reviews. I was hesitant to consider the venue because of it's proximity to touristy places like Checkpoint Charlie, but am glad I stopped by. What drove me here were the suggestions that the place offered good food at reasonable prices. Well, the reviews were correct...I'd go as far as to say everything was exceptional. I arrived on a Saturday night without a reservation. The staff could not immediately seat me, but took a reservation for almost 2 hours later. I was running about 20 minutes past my reservation. When I returned the host recognized me and greeted me by name! He let me know the kitchen was closing soon, but there would be no problem if I could order quickly. The food came quick and it was a delight. I'm from Chicago and have high expectations when it comes to steak. This wasn't on par with what I'd find at the Prime high end steak houses, but it was *much* better than what I'd find at any chain steakhouse like Outback. The price was also ridiculously low - something like 12-18 euro. The staff couldn't have made the experience better. It took them a few swipes of my credit card to pay (my card's bar code is weak, something I've dealt with the entire trip) and they insisted I have a free beer on the house. Ridiculous. All I can say is the staff was incredibly friendly, the food was fantastic, and the price can not be beat. While this wasn't the best steak I've ever had, this easily is the best steak I've had under 40 USD. The service though was the best one can expect.