“Great hotel”

Mercure Hotel MOA Berlin
Ranked #55 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
“Great hotel”
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights with husband and two children and we enjoyed our stay a lot. The hotel is a bit out of the city centre but there's an U-bahn stop close by and there are some nice restaurants also on the nearby streets (I would especially recommend Arema close to the the underground stop, it was great both for breakfast and dinner). the Tegel airport is only a few kilometres away and it was very easy to get to the hotel by taking the TXL bus to Turms strasse and then taking the U bahn to Birkenstr which is only one stop away. On the way back we toom a taxi and it cost about 15€. The grocery store at the shopping centre underneath the hotel was very handy. We stayed in a suite which consisted of two rooms with a folding door between. It was quite large and very nice for a family. The hotel guests have also free access to a fitness centre in the same complex and it was very well equipped and excellent place for a workout. Just remember to take the hand towel from the room with you because they won't let you in without one! The only minus is that I asked at the reception about children's play area and was instructed to go to a children's party place also in the same complex. So I went there with the kids only to find out that it wasn't free. There was discount for hotel guests but nevertheless it would have cost for an adult and two children about 12€.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Katja R
HotelMOABerlin, Front Office Manager at Mercure Hotel MOA Berlin, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your recent visit at the BEST WESTERN PREMIER Hotel MOA BERLIN. We highly appreciate that you took precious time to let us know that you were satisfied with our overall service performance. Your appreciation has been passed on to our employees and we can assure you that your comments will definitely be an inspiration to our team to continue their efforts.

Best regards from Berlin,

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I work for a 4 Star resort on Fort Lauderdale Beach Florida as a Guest Service Agent. I always book directly with the Hotel to ensure NO mistakes. I called the Hotel MOA & was very impressed with the entire long distance experience. There English was Perfect. They were all so very kind & Helpful.
I spoke with a 5 Star employee by the name of "Sebastian Hartleb" What a gentleman. So helpful with all of my questions. I will be arriving in Berlin late at night & he assured me that the train service did indeed run late & he verified that my directions right to the station near the hotel front door were Correct. He also gave me a direct line if I needed anything upon my arrival. So Very Happy. To sum things up, If my stay is half as GREAT as my reservation experience. I will be one happy guest. Sincerely Excited Hutch

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Stoney C
HotelMOABerlin, Leiter Front Office at Mercure Hotel MOA Berlin, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Hutch,

thank you so much for your kind words !
It feels very good to receive praise like that- even more so cause it comes from someone in the same business !
I passed your comments on to my co- workers in reservations as well, andI´m looking forward to welcoming you soon ! All the best in the meantime,

Yours

Front Office Manager
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

I stayed there during ITB this year; our business partner had booked this hotel. Unassuming from the outside, and unimpressed by the location, there isn't much to do. But once inside, I could not fault this hotel. Modern and fresh design, fabulous big and airy rooms. I was not familiar with this label, and thought at first it was a Premier Inn without the "Inn".
The most comfortable bed! Huge flat screen TV, good working space, tea and coffee makers, good lighting and oh- the fluffy bathrobe was a treat.
I loved the big walkin shower, and there was plenty of space around the sink for my cosmetics and makeup.
Very professional and friendly staff. Wifi was included in my room price.
I recommend breakfast - great choice of coffees and fresh fruits, healthy and unhealthy things in great variety to set you up well for a busy day.
Excellent transport links within 5 mins walk to both U and S Bahn stations,
All together I had a premier experience, that definitely exceeded my expectations.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Topcatvip
HotelMOABerlin, Front Office Manager at Mercure Hotel MOA Berlin, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear TopcatVIP,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

I have passed this comment of yours on to all departments, thank you very much for the motivation for all of our staff !

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 0049 30 394043159.

BEST WESTERN PREMIER Hotel Moa
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Very clean, excellent bar and food facilities, comfortable beds. A very reasonable charge for a good hotel, right next to a supermarket too and 5 min walk from various stations. Recommended to those looking to spend a little.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ShabbaRance
HotelMOABerlin, Front Office Manager at Mercure Hotel MOA Berlin, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear ShabbaRance,

Best regards from Berlin,

Aarhus, Denmark
Reviewed February 14, 2014

my girlfriend and I took an extended weekend stay at the Best Western Moa Berlin.
Nice hotel with perfect rooms, but we were not excited about the dinner, there was only the option of choosing a menu turkey and we were able to have enjoyed a pork chop which was nothing to write home about. But you can only give the waiter in a restaurant when Mr. Kennedy our best recommendation, he gave us a great treat.
Our best advice would be to offer a greater variety of menus, and a greater taste experience.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lars S
Dear Lars S.,

First of all we would like to thank you for your recent stay with us. Hopefully you had a pleasant and safe trip to your next destination. Also we would like to say thank you for taking the time and letting us know your opinion.

We highly appreciate your comments because that gives us the motivation to maintain our high standards of hospitality.

I am glad to hear your friendly feedback of our staff as well as on our quality of service. Of course I will pass on your praise of the good care and kindness to all the employees, because they are the heart of our company.
Certainly your comments regarding your dinner were passed on as well, please be assured that this does not represent our level of standards and will be used as motivation for improvement. Thank you for that!

The BEST WESTERN PREMIER Hotel MOA BERLIN would be delighted to welcome you in our hotel back soon.

Haderslev, Denmark
Reviewed February 11, 2014

My partner and I had a very nice stay at MOA. The inside of the hotel is remarkable and the rooms are good, great beds and very nice bathroom. The employees of the hotel, both in the reception, bar and at the dinning area were really nice, helpfull and serviceminded. It's in nothern part of Berlin, but it's a great start when exploring Berlin. Subway stations are nearby, that can bring you downtown fast. Wouldn't mind to stay there again, if visiting Berlin again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
HotelMOABerlin, Front Office Manager at Mercure Hotel MOA Berlin, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear Sune J,

it was a great pleasure for us to read your kind comments regarding your stay in our hotel and we thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to share your impressions here.

We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

André Schönherr
Empfangschef
BEST WESTERN PREMIER Hotel Moa
Amagerbro, Staden Kobenhavn, Denmark
Reviewed February 10, 2014

My partner and I had a lovely stay at the MOA hotel.
- The rooms have a good size (and a fantasticly comfortable bed), the breakfast is great and the staff is very helpful.
The location of the hotel is NOT what you expect from a nice hotel like this. It is almost impossible to find a supermarket (or a resturant) in the area after 19 o'clock and it is quite scary walking through the dead streets there after dark, very slum-like. Not the hotel's fault though!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear RDE2013,

Thanks a lot for your positive review about your stay in our hotel.

We are pleased to read that you were satisfied with all of our hotel facilities and with our personal service.

We are indeed located on TOP of a Shopping Centre, which includes not only several shops, one of the biggest supermarkets in town, the biggest Asian Buffet-Restaurant in town with more than 500 seats, our own restaurant LE MENARDIE with international and regional dishes, and many more restaurants within 200 metres walking around the hotel.

Thank you again for your personal review,

BEST regards from sunny Berlin