“Nice neighborhood!”

$239.18*
Private Half-Day Berlin Walking Tour: Hackesche Hoefe and Prenzlauer Berg
Ranked #41 of 913 things to do in Berlin
More attraction details
Owner description: This East Berlin neighborhood has been significantly reconstructed since reunification.
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

A really nice place to just walk around. Lots of restaurants with tables on the sode walk, squares to stop for an ice cream. Really good place!

2  Thank Naty_Br

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Stayed with a friend who is living temporarily in the area. I really enjoyed strolling around the streets and visited a number of bars/cafes/restaurants too.
Great area with so much to offer, I could happily spend more time chilling in that part of town, I would definitely recommend it as an area to stay in when you visit berlin.

5  Thank bristol02
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I've read quite much opinions about this neighborhood. I hoped that Prenzlauer Berg would be very vivid and atmospheric place full of happy young people going from place to place, full of small, original and welcoming "open to street" places with food music or whatever. I've tried the neighborhood three times at different time of the day and from different starting points. Unfortunately I found the district quite desolate, quiet and mostly unwelcoming.. I saw really few places worth getting inside (which were 110% full),all around same "wannabe-original" boutiques and same cofee-shop-like venues. And of course - kebab, kebab, kebab, wurst, chinesse, kebab etc. etc. Maybe I've looked too shalow but come on - if you're so called night life heart of the city, places would be easilly visible and open... nothing like that I've found on Prenzlauer Berg. Sorry. I've comparison of similar neighborhoods in Warsaw or London and this is not even close to them.

5  Thank Tomek G
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Excellent for shopping,dining (best currywurst-place nearby) and other cultural activities.
In the proximity of the Berlin Wall.

3  Thank Hans R
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Prenzlauer Berg was my favourite part of the city. It was my first visit to Berlin so I am unable to comment about what it was like before but I was impressed enough to put it top of my list for next time I visit.

It is a very picturesque and vibrant place with plenty to see and do but not too touristy like Greenwich Village in NYC and more like a bigger version of the Spiu area of Amsterdam.

9  Thank mackyUK