“Slow but good food”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mitte
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

The staff was not very warm and the wait was very long but you can have typical traditional Berliner food and great beer. I recommend it.

Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

I had diner at this restaurants, and I enjoyed that a lot! The whole menu is about pork, so be awared...
We got two main courses and two beers, with a 30€ bill.

If you are hanging out for diner, I recommend that place, but remember that from 7,30 to 9 it is very hard to find a table even for two.

1  Thank Paolino G
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We went to Zur Rippe because some friends highly recommended it and it was really worth it.

In Berlin you can have find all type of restaurants but at least once or twice you have to try german food right? :-)
If so, this is the place. Very traditional restaurant, with limited menu but with all the goodness I was expecting. The people didn't speak a word of english but that wasn't a problem at all, they were super friendly.

The food and the beer (of course) was really amazing and the price even better.

A must stop if you're planning a visit in Berlin.

1  Thank mrxavi
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We dropped by for dinner without reservations at 7.45 pm. A table was available immediately. The wait staff spoke English and there was also a menu in English. Good solid German food. Not for people on a diet! The house white wine was acceptable. Clientele was a mix of locals and tourists and the final bill was more than reasonable. Recommended if you are in the area (Alexanderplatz).

1  Thank Romankiwi
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We stumbled on this place by chance while looking for another restaurant. I liked the look of it from the outside so we decided we’d go in and have a soup or something and a beer just to tide us over until we got to the other place we were looking for.
Having tasted both soups on offer (cabbage soup and potato soup) and a beer and seen the menu there was no need to go anywhere else, we had found what we were looking for - delicious authentic German food.
The menu had a great range to choose from and there were any number of specials on the chalkboards that covered both the internal and external walls.
If I say that all that went back to the kitchen from our plates was the bone from the pig’s foot I had it’ll tell you all you need to know about the food. Another indicator might be that we went back to eat there on the following two days and on each occasion we cleared our plates, and the portions are not small.
The staff were all very friendly and helpful and the place seems to always have a good number of locals, which is a good sign. The chef sometimes makes an appearance to chat and ask if everything is okay.
Having sampled several different starters, mains, desserts and beverages and not tasted anything that wasn’t great I feel I can heartily recommend this place.
Sample starters: Potato soup (with wurstchen), Cabbage soup, Minced black pudding.
Sample mains : Roast pig’s foot, Medallions of venison, Roast wild boar, Pickled fish
Sample dessert : Apple strudel (surprise!)