“Lovely stay”

Ranked #16 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Brisbane
“Lovely stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

We throughly enjoyed our 2 night stay at Hotel Adlon. Our room was very nicely decorated with a well appointed bathroom. There is certainly a glamorous feel to the place and the foyer exudes luxury. One Italian football team was staying in house prior to the cup final, their photo shoot certainly added a bit of excitement. Great location, right beside the Brandenburg Gate and walking distance to many other attractions. The staff were very accommodating and friendly. I'd have no hesitation in returning on my next trip to Berlin and have highly recommended to family and friends.

Room Tip: Room 525 overlooked the courtyard so it was nice and quiet and was perfect for our needs.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Oslo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

I was staying here one night in Berlin alone.
Upon entering my taxi driver had problems to get his cardmachine working so after many minutes i walked to the portier and he offered to pay the 10 euro and put in on my bill, friendly and a problemsolver. Good start . I went to the reception and got help right away by a smiling staff.
She checked me in fast, maybe to fast because i am a LHW member i have certain benefits like upgrade( upon availabiliy), free continetal breakfast and internet(where available). I did not get an upgrade( no explaining why, as they normally do by saying that the hotel is fully booked, which is quite understandable), no explaining about how the wifi works and no explaination about how the breakfast works( some hotels like Le Bristol for example let you have the breakfast in room with no extra charge, so all hotels have their own policy)it would be nice to be informed. So i was told to relax in the lobby bar while having a complimentary drink. A lady came with three glasses 1/3 full and asked if i wanted prosecco or juice, i chose prosecco, it was a bit warm and therefore too sweet. I had one sip. Then she started giving me a brouche with a voucher on a relaxing thing that they had at the hotel, i did not understand completly what it was and was just bothered by it. Before sitting down i was told by the nice receptionist to come back and then be showed to my room. I did but she wasnt there and the other lady had not been notified so i just asked for the directions to my room. I was quite a labyrinth but i got there. The room was great, spacious, hi tech, nice view, walk in closet, seperate wc and bathroom and with all the amenties of a 5* hotel. Then i discovered 2 more brochures on my bed about another health vochuer. I personally dont think they should be that aggressive in marketing. I was just tired and wanted to relax. I then had to call the operator to ask for breakfast and was told it was in the lobby bar between 8-11. Perfect. Then i tried to call 3 times to housekeeping to get my shirt ironed, but busy signal every time so i called the operater again and told her that i put the shirt on the bed and that i was going for afternoon tea and she told me somebody was coming soon. After the wonderful staff and afternoon tea in the lobby bar i went back almost 2 hours later finding out that my shirt is still wrinkly on the bed. Then it was too late anyway. I think things should work better at this level. Then i went to the bar and had a couple of drinks and all the staff was wonderful. We had a quick talk about where to eat and they sent me to a very proffesional and friendly Concierge( Nadine i think). She recomended me a great BBQ restaurant not far away in taxi, and was all smiles. Next day i had a beatiful continental breakfast in the lobby bar with cheese, cold cuts, big glass of fresh grapefruit juice, green tea, lots of small breads and nice pastries and a lovely tall blond waitress told me if i needed refill of anything i should let her know. So it all felt good again in a way. I signed the bill as always even if its complementary, they just remove it when i check out. They forget sometimes but its always fixed quickly. When i checked out it happened and i told the receptionist that the 32euro bill form this morning was the breakfast, she told me no. Okay but it is the only bill for the date today 6/7, then she told me it was all printed today. Anyway after some discussion she understood but then told me it was not included in my rate. Then i had to tell her it was, she checked and then finally removed it from the bill. This took way too long time and should have been dealt with in a better way. I went out of the hotel with a bitter taste in my mouth. But still a lovely hotel, but issues have to be fixed. I will return again and hope i can give full score then ;)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank norvagabond
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

My fiancee and I stayed here last December for three nights. Overall, we enjoyed our stay very much. The lobby is very glitzy and glamorous - and seems to always be packed! - and the staff were extraordinary (which is to be expected at such a hotel). Our room was comfortable and the bathroom was spacious and to the highest standard (again, to be expected). Our only issues with the hotel are: the TV reception was fuzzy despite having a technician come in to 'fix' it...it was minimally watchable, and we weren't particularly thrilled about the quality of the food - at such a hotel, and with the exorbitant rates they charge for food - it was just okay...in fact, one evening we ordered room service and the vegetarian italian pizza and salad we received was basic and bland. After that we avoided ordering food from the hotel's room service. On the other hand their restaurant Sra Bua is exceptional!! The food and drinks we ordered were fantastic and beyond our expectations. We haven't found a restaurant we like better (yet) in Berlin! We definitely recommend this hotel and especially Sra Bua!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OmiMayet
Pensala
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Very nice and big room. Allready the entrance gives a luxury feeling with champagne by check in. Good beds and nice bath room. Friedly and helpful personal. The hotel is close to Brandenburger Tor but except that there is nothing close. You need to take a cab to go more central. Big distanses

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

This was my first visit to Berlin, and I have certainly been spoily and will not be stopping anywhere else. From the moment I arrived on the red carpet, I was made to feel like a valued customer.Receiving a room upgrade only served to confirm this opinion.
The location can not be beaten, neither can the breakfast or the attention to detail that has been spent on customer service.
A 5star hotel without a doubt

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

The Room is very comfortable, I like the space and has a good feel to it. Very quiet overlooking a courtyard
However was shocked by the poor standard of the buffet on offer. It is the worst buffet I have had. Bearing in mind we have an international clientele here, you would expect all nationalities and preferences to be catered for in a buffet. Not so.
Poor labelling left some religions confused and one poor gentleman poured soup on his doughnut. Berliner carpaccio.
There are better hotels for the money.

Room Tip: Ask to overlook the courtyard for a quiet one. Get your view of the town from the Reichstag up the r...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
kosinlay, Manager at Hotel Adlon Kempinski, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear valued guest,

Allow me to thank you for sharing your opinion here on Tripadvisor. Your feedback serves us to continuously improving our services. I regret to read that our buffet and our service have not met your expectations. Please take my sincere apologies. I kindly ask you to contact me personally at leonard.cernko (at) kempinski.com for further suggestions.

I t will be my pleasure to welcome you back here at the Hotel Adlon Kempinski.

Warm regards,
Leonard Cernko
Executive Assistant Manager i/c of Food & Beverage
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

Adlon Hotel Kempinski in Berlin is a luxury hotel. You will be offered champagne during check-in, tons of staff that follow you to your room and try to get you feel special. Anyhow they manage to mix our bags with another guest – I assume that was very embarrassing for the hotel…
Anyhow the hotel is great, a little bit noisy in the lobby and bar area (think many people just try to sneak in for a view. I counted to three restaurants in the hotel, one of the restaurant have 2 stars in Guide Michelin – unfortunally too expensive for me..

The rooms are decorated like a normal living room – far away from the normal boring hotel rooms. We had the room at the garden witch I recommend. No noise and you can sleep with the window open – quite unusual when staying at a hotel.

The best part of this hotel is the breakfast – after this breakfast any other breakfast are like nothing.

You will find the location great, a few steps from the Brandenburg Gate. Next doors you can find rental bikes for 10 EURO per day.

All of this has a price tag – and that is high! It is worth a one night stay just to get the feeling how the upper class people lives.

Room Tip: Room with garden view - very quite.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple