“Amazing”

Ranked #15 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

The hotel inside is beautiful. At check-in they gave us a glass of sparkling wine, the rooms and facilities were amazing. Its expensive though at 11 euros for a cup of tea on room service, breakfast at 35-39 euroes each is a bit expensive as well - but Starbucks is across the road if you want a coffee and a croissant..

The staff were friendly and very very helpful. I can see why this is the best hotel in Berlin and all the celebrities stay here. Would love to stay here again

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (410)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Great location, friendly staff and excellent spa facilities( beware they do not wear swimming costume in sauna and steam room!) small swimming pool but does the job after exploring the city. Close to the amenities, city tour, Berlin Zoo must be seen. Friendly staff with good command of English. I definitely recommend this hotel to stay!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 4, 2014

From the moment we arrived and were engaged in conversation by the receptionist - who specialised in Irish history and Michael Collins in particular - I knew we were in for something special. He didn't disappoint us and neither did the hotel. We were given an upgrade to a deluxe room which overlooked the courtyard. We were personally shown to the room and then shown the amenities of the hotel. For myself, the pool and the sauna was perfect. Almost every morning I would swim and take the benefit of the sauna and the jacuzzi. We sampled our first night's meal in the Quarré restaurant. It was good, though we thought the service was a little bit inattentive. But the food was good and the wine was excellent. Later in the week we ate in the lobby bar and and were delighted with the service and the menu options.
The vicinity of the hotel to the Brandenburg gate and, with a short walk, to the river Spree was a major plus for us. Also the main shopping street, Friedrickstrasse, was just ten minutes away.
All in all, the hotel was excellent and a particular mention must be made of the concierge service. When I thought I lost my camera they went to great trouble to help me out and could not have done more. The concierge also picked out nice restaurants in Berlin, not too far from the hotel, which we enjoyed. Top marks for an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MichaelMorris44
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I choose this hotel in two parts, bec of its great location as well as being listed in the LHW club, and I can tell you right now, you will NOT regret booking in this hotel especially if you are lookin to be pampered and to experience what luxury hotel is all about, my siblings and I travelled two years ago, yes i know, sorry for the delay in review, but it is imperative that this hotel is mentioned, of all our European hotels, this one had the BEST buffet breakfast! that we didnt really feel the need to eat till almost dinner! bec it was SO fillin! and to eat with the view of the plaza itself? what better way to start your day?

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Belem, AL
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

If you are posh, and you want a wonderful place, very beautiful, with confortable room, perfect service and good breakfast, all very precious and very fantastic, so close from everything and you can go everywhere you want, all the history is here.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago, IL
Reviewed March 26, 2014

My first trip to Berlin. This has been a wonderful stay. The room is lovely and comfortable. Service impeccable. The location could not be better for my needs, right by the Brandenburg Gate, allowing me to explore both historical East and West Berlins. Returning in the evening after a long day of touring, I fell into the room, delighted to be in the well-appointed and welcoming space. Perfect in every way!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Just returned from a 5-night stay at the Hotel Adlon. Hotel is exquisitely grand - beautiful lobby and terrific service. I arrived several hours prior to check in from an overnight US flight...while I wasn't able to get my room straight away, I was able to shower in the spa and store bags. When I returned everything was in the room. Room was very large by European standards and had every detail you would want.

Service was great all throughout the hotel and food (both in the lobby restaurant and for the meeting we held in the Ballsaal) was good - not great. While I've read several comments over the price of the hotel, I thought the rate was very reasonable for the product. I'm sure the Adlon is expensive for Berlin, but compared to comparable hotels in other cities, it is hardly outrageous.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business