“Simply Stunning”

Hotel Adlon Kempinski
Ranked #15 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Simply a 5* hotel, stunning décor, excellent location, friendly staff and exquisite food. We were greeted with a glass of sparkling wine whilst being checked in, we were offered an upgrade which we took after viewing both rooms. Large room, beautiful bathroom with separate toilet, mini bar, work station with fast free internet and ipad. Be careful with the bottled water as it was 12.5 Euros for a bottle!! Breakfast was included with our room price and was very nice, there was everything you could possibly want and with views of the Brandenburg Gate.The hotel has 3 restaurants, we ate in 2 of them, the Quarre which was very nice but we felt was slightly overpriced for the quality of the food and the Sra Bua this on the other hand was amazing!
The hotel is next door to the Brandenburg gate and the train/underground station is straight across the road.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Great architecure inside. Phantastic cocktail Bar and cigar lounge. I could see the Brandenburger Tor from the windows. Alle meals are 24h available, the only hotel in germany that i know, which has this servcie.

Wonderful place for a photo shooting! ! ! ! Art- and dreamful backgrounds and surroundings. But you need to give the shift leader a big tip, to allow to make pictures in the halls.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 4, 2014

My partner and I stayed here with our mothers over a Thanksgiving break during a driving trip across Germany. Everything was lovely. The rooms were sparkling clean and elegant, the people were friendly and warm, and there is no better location in the entire city.

Room Tip: We had standard rooms, and they were more than adequate for us and all of our shameful American lugg...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I spent a couple of nights in the Adlon in December. The hotel itself was very nice, but I was disappointed with some aspects of the service. My room wasn't ready when I arrived so I headed off to the gym. No one offered to help me with my bags at this point. I returned to the desk at 3 and the room still wasn't ready. The desk staff seemed distracted and I had a real sense that they couldn't quite cope with the number of guests. This impression was reinforced in the evening when I tried to get a table at the bar but was told it was full. The duty manager promised me that a table had been found but when I returned to the bar they had no knowledge of this and I was turned away again. Not a 5 star experience.
The breakfast was very good and the concierge was excellent.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
kosinlay, Manager at Hotel Adlon Kempinski, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Dear esteemed reviewer,

Sincere thank you for taking the time to compose this review and to share your experience with us. We appreciate your valuable comments as they help us to improve your guest experience. We strive to offer you a superb product and an outstanding service on every day of the year. I am sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations during your stay with us at the Hotel Adlon Kempinski. I would like to apologize for the occurred inconveniences and reassure you that this is not our standard.

We take pride in serving the needs of our guests to make their stay remarkable and unforgettable.

Please feel free to contact me personally at franck.droin (at) kempinski.com to provide me with further information on your stay and suggestions how to make your next stay with us a memorable one.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back at the Hotel Adlon Kempinski Berlin.

Kind regards,
Franck Droin
Hotel Manager

Reviewed January 28, 2014

We stayed at Hotel Adlon for a weekend with friends. The hotel gave its little extra all the time, from check-in sparkling wine to the way the polished shoes (complimentary) and laundry was delivered. We stayed in an executive room, the "basic class room" of Adlon and sometimes the basic rooms aren't that funny. This was. Nicely furbished, big, great beds, even equiped with an iPad. We loved the turn down service that cleaned the room an extra time in the evening, putting our slippers by the bed on a linen cloth. We would love to stay at the Adlon again when we return to Berlin, hopefully soon!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank awpal
Reviewed January 26, 2014

This is a very traditional and a luxurious hotel in a great location without a doubt but... A glass of prosecco to greet you on arrival helped sooth the irritation at our 2 rooms not being ready. A further irritation that we had an e-mail which said that breakfast was included but this was not on our record and even after showing the e-mail, it was suggested that we wait until Monday (this was Sat) to discuss with the sender. In the end, we got our breakfast for each day although never did figure out what/where to go for the special Sunday brunch which was also included.

We had 2 rooms, a basic one which was fine and looking out to the side-street and the other a larger room with a walk-in dressing room and a view of the Holocaust museum. We couldn't understand how the lighting worked - there's no point having fancy light controls if you don't explain to your customers how they work. The rooms were very comfortable, warm (this was December) and the use of an I-pad was a nice touch although the wi-fi signal was pretty poor.

The staff were neither friendly nor unfriendly but service could be pretty slow. My husband gashed his leg and on return to the hotel we asked if someone could bring us some antiseptic and a plaster - they did but it took nearly 45 minutes. Similarly, when my parents called the concierge, they were told someone would call them back and again,it took a long time. However, they arranged tickets for us to go to the Reichstag at no cost which was helpful.

Breakfast was varied and champagne was available - and beer. The quality though was nothing special - a small thing but in a 5 star hotel, I assumed the blinis would be freshly made not sitting out cold; the fruit was ok; being able to squeeze your own orange juice was another nice touch but no instructions left you struggling a little; we had cooked dishes a couple of times which were fine but inconsistent eg eggs over-cooked on second day. We had dinner in the Thai restaurant which was mixed - starters were very tasty, main courses a bit less exciting.

The location was superb, especially for a first visit to Berlin - all the sites you want to see and Museum Island are all within walking distance.

This was a special birthday celebration - we wouldn't generally stay somewhere quite as upmarket and expensive so I was expecting a bit more and I don't think it quite delivered that extra special quality. Nor did they acknowledge the birthday which surprised me as most places run to fruit basket, chocolates or a bottle of bubbly.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank lhenni
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We came for the WE and it was great as we enter the hotel the place look like the time did not move, great service, we were upgrade to a suite room as we are part of the Omni GHA the room was great with a garden view
We had diner in the 2 restaurants of the hotel and the food was excellent in both case.
On the last day we also visit the SPA, great place very clean and nice, they know how to threat their guest
Of course one of the high light of the hotel is the location you cannot find better place to stay in Berlin ,

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple