“great staff, location, service”

Hotel Adlon Kempinski
Ranked #16 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
New York City, New York
“great staff, location, service”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The staff, location and level of service are first rate. A few complaints:
Breakfast at 90 Euros for two persons is just obscene. The other is that the lobby if just too filled with decorations, furniture etc. and it takes away from the entrance experience. The internet is confusing. You have to register every single day for the free internet and the service is slow.
Concierge staff is excellent and give great advise. Even though the location is right next to the Brandenberg Gate, the hotel rooms are quiet and peaceful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Contrary to some of my reviews I am not a naturally picky person and prefer to give credit where credit is due. Do, despite a couple of minor niggles I would prefer to swell on the overall excellence of the Adlon Kempinski.
The staff were uniformly excellent and a credit to the training programme they had completed. Never have I had such good service. Polite, helpful, welcoming and actually engaged with the customers needs.
The room was wonderful, comfortable and sparklingly clean.
Room service breakfast was a marvel in presentation, taste and service.
Bar / public area while bustling was also comfortable and a good place to enjoy an afternoon cocktail and watch the world go by.
Beware: the Adlon is not cheap but if you want to be pampered, to be treated with respect, dignity and feel like a king then do not hesitate to visit.
I will most certainly stay here again, I can't think there is a better hotel in Berlin or indeed the rest of Germany.
Oh - and the location?
Unbeatable.

Room Tip: Our room was at the back but still had a pleasant enough view for a city hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Even though the hotel is restored beautifully and is in the center of Berlin, the front desk staff seems as though they were trained by a pack of wolves. They were aggressive and inflexible. We arrived with 100 people for a conference which I was heading and they told me my room was not ready (even thou it was 2 pm) and check in time was at 3 and I could come back then. I asked for the hotel manager who was a bit more accommodating and got me into a room within 15 minutes. At check out, they were just as inflexible to give an hour late check out as we were finishing our meeting. They also managed to lose the baggage to one of our top clients while the luggage was sitting in their cloak room as we went to lunch for an hour. It was a difficult welcome and exit which left an overall bad taste for our group. That being said, everyone else of the general wait staff and spa were very accommodating and the hotel itself was nicely done in the main areas although the conference rooms already look a bit tired.

Room Tip: My only tip is to be aware that there is only the buffet breakfast which costs 48 euros per person w...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

I recently spent 3 nights at the Adlon , my first visit . The hotel was luxurious , with an excellent restaurant , whilst the staff at check-in and throughout my stay were helpful , friendly and attentive . Our visit coincided with that of the Indian President and whilst the police presence outside the hotel was heavy , it did not disrupt our stay at all . I certainly would go back .

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Holland, Michigan
Reviewed April 13, 2013

This is one of the best hotels I've visited! The city of Berlin is exciting in and of itself but lodging in this strange and yet comforting hotel blends it all together for a wonderful experience! The staff is very friendly and helpful and we felt so welcome. I saw this hotel in one of my favorite movies "Unknown" and fell in love with it then and just knew I wanted to stay there! Would definitely love to be able to return one day soon!

Room Tip: We had a room with a view of the Brandenburg Gate and were awed by the sights.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Marci B
wales
Reviewed April 2, 2013

went to have afternoon tea at the Adlon a place I had been before.As me (65years)my daughter (30years)my son in law (30years )walked up the steps to the hotel entrance we were asked by a plain clothed man what our business was at the Adlon.I told him we were going to have afternoon tea.He retorted that we have to book in advance.I told him he was speaking absolute rubbish and if he liked we would cancel our evening restaurant booking.He let us in.The incident put us off our tea and I nearly cancelled our evening restaurant.Wished I had now but more of that later.

Room Tip: take plenty of ID with you such as passport/driving licence ID card.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank getaboutalotwales
kosinlay, Manager at Hotel Adlon Kempinski, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear esteemed customer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us here on Tripadvisor. Your comments are very meaningful to us as we always strive for improvement to offer you an outstanding service and provide you with memorable moments. I am very sorry to read about your arrival experience. Please take my sincere apologies and be reassured that the experienced situation is not our standard.

I will contact our Security department in the respective matter. Meanwhile, I kindly ask you to contact me personally at franck.droin (at) kempinski.com so that I can apologize in person and receive some more details regarding the described experience.

Again, I thank you for this review and I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel Adlon Kempinski Berlin.

Kind regards,
Franck Droin
Hotel Manager
Winchester, Hants
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We had three nights here in early March and can confidently say it's the best hotel we have ever stayed at for atmosphere, comfort and service. Superb room at the back of the hotel with a view over the Holocaust Memorial. Truly memorable breakfast - I counted 21 different cheeses, for a start and, quite apart from the wonderful self-service counters, there is a separate "egg meals" menu as long as your arm with all dishes cooked to order. Sitting in the warmth and luxury of the Kempinski Adlon dining room looking out onto the Brandenburg Gate just a few metres away was quite an experience on our first morning. A stay here is well worth it - and you MUST include breakfast!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple