“Excellent hotel, excellent location.”
Review of Regent Berlin

Regent Berlin
Ranked #6 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed July 4, 2010

Loved everything about this place, great location, very good service. We had a huge room, beautiful bathroom. Worth every penny.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,669)

Reviewed July 2, 2010

Stayed recently for 4 nights with daughter, My travel agent had booked this and we were upgraded to a very large corner suite (2 rooms) . Upon arrival there was fruit and water for us. Staff was very gracious and the concierge (several gentlemen) were very patient with all my questions and requests. The breakfast(which was included) was generally very good ( cereals, fruits, breads choice of egg dishes, cheese and meat course), though our waiter the last 2 days was not as proficient as the waitress we originally had. I loved the outdoor summer lounge- great service and drinks. The room was immaculate- no issues with housekeeping. Towels were plush and amenities replenished daily save for the soaking bath soaps but if we had called I am sure they would have replenished those as well. Air conditioning worked as well. Our view was the market- super charming. We ate in the hotel one night- service was excellent. I enjoyed the dinner though my daughter did not, but check the menu first to see if it is to your liking.
I loved the Regent. The location was near the Reichstag, Holocaust Memorial Brandenburg Gate, museums, and manl great restaurants and bars. One note- I have a bad back/leg and sometimes need a cab and experienced a problem getting a cab in the area, though not in front of the hotel. Very tempermental cabs like NY.
This is a superlative hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010
1  Thank simmie17
Reviewed June 27, 2010

I recently stayed at The Regent Berlin and the experience was nothing short of magical. I booked the hotel only a day or two ahead of arrival due to unforseen circumstances, through American Express Fine Hotel and Resorts Program and selected it based upon their recommendation. It was an absolutely great experience.
For a European hotel, the room was very large with a state of the art bathroom. The small foyer lended a sense of privacy while the decor was impeccable, understated and elegant. There was an evening turndown service that added to the specialness and the breakfast that was included was nothing short of spectacular. There was everything from buffet to specially prepared dishes, all of it white linen service. The hotel was discrete and gracious with great attention to detail.
The service was above and beyond with concierge being extremely helpful and courteous. Their restaurant recommendations were right on and their attentiveness most welcomed.The location was great, only two blocks from De Unter Linden, the main street, and walkable to most sites. I cannot recommend this hotel enough for its atmosphere, service and comfort.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 31, 2010

In fairness to this great looking hotel we strayed in to the very plush bar late after dinner at a nearby restaurant. We spotted our favorite malt behind the bar - Glendronach, where I have some very tenuous family connections. An order for two of those had the elegant young barman produce them in crystal with accompanying crystal bowl of ice (nice touch) and a range of small nibbles.
The atmosphere was club-like, pleasant and relaxing; there were a few others, probably residents eating and drinking.
We ordered another brace of our favorite Scotch. A great way to pass an hour of gentle conversation and relaxation.
The bill was an unsurprising €72 inc a tip.
The service was good fast, yet unhurried.
A memorable night-cap and therefore worth the money for such fine surroundings.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2010

Very good location -- easy walking distance to major sites, close to S- and U-bahn stops (even a Starbucks is only 10 minutes away). Rooms are spacious and have the usual amenities -- robes, slippers, etc. Free internet access was a surprise. Staff was friendly and helpful. Was able to get into my room when I arrived before noon from a trans-Atlantic flight -- which was certainly an unexpected pleasure. Not quite as grand as the Adlon Hotel, but not as pricey either. The Regent is definitely a winning hotel choice in Berlin.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 29, 2010

I stayed 6 nights at The Regent in Berlin in May. This is an outstanding hotel of the finest quality and I think the best in Berlin. One guidebook called it "the most hushed luxury hotel in Berlin" and I agree. It has a subdued, intimate feeling. Everything about this hotel is high quality and uncrowded.

The location is outstanding. Next to Gendarmenmarkt, two blocks from Unter den Linden, across the street from Galleries Lafayette and a block from high-end Friedrichstrasse shopping and the U6 subway line. An easy walk to Museum Island and only a bit farther in the opposite direction to the Brandenburg Gate, Reichstag and Tiergarten. Many good restaurants are in the immediate area.

My junior suite was spacious and appealingly furnished in a traditional style. The bath was good sized and had a separate shower. Robes and slippers. My room overlooked the courtyard and was very quiet. Rooms facing a street might have some street noise, but no adjacent streets have much traffic.

The cold buffet for breakfast was a very reasonable 12 euros. A unlimited breakfast costs an expensive 36 euros. I found the cold buffet more than enough.

And--hold on to your hat--high speed internet service in rooms is FREE!!!

I had good dinners in the neighborhood at Dressler, Lutter & Wegner and Borchardt. But the head-and-shoulders best restaurant where I had dinner twice is Bocca di Bacco on Friedrichstrasse, just a block from the hotel--an elegant, upscale, polished operation with a buzz and nice ambiance. Bocca di Bacco has great food, great service, great atmosphere and reasonably moderate serving sizes.

I mistakenly had dinner one night at XII Apostel which is further away and is a noisy, down-scale Italian restaurant featuring primarily pizza. I do not recommend it.

Don't miss Fassbender & Rausch on Charlottenstrasse, about 3 blocks from the hotel at the southwest corner of Gendarmenmarkt. This claims to be the largest chocolate shop in the world and I think the claim is probably true. Upstairs is a nice cafe for a light lunch or an afternoon snack with hot chocolate. The cafe has a nice view of Gendarmenmarkt.

The Regent is simply a high-class, really comfortable place to stay in Berlin. I walked through the Adlon Kempinski lobby and quickly walked back out. The Adlon is undoubtedly a luxury hotel, but it lacks the intimacy and quiet of The Regent.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank Tipster2000
Reviewed May 14, 2010

We stayed in The Regent, Berlin for a weekend and really enjoyed it. We paid about 160 EUR a night which seemed like a good price for such a good hotel. I was a little worried it might have been dated and run-down but it was a delightful hotel in great condition. The room was huge and so was the bathroom. Our offer didnt include breakfast as we were meeting friends for the weekend in berlin we met them for breakfast at a great place recomended by the hotel - kyser sosa or something like that - it was wonderful. We found everything in berlin much more affordable than anywhere in europe we have been. We had some fantastic meals in funky little places in east berlin for not much money. The only thing about the regent is that it might not be the best location if you are after a buzzing vibe. it seems to be in a slightly more corporate area of town. The hotel was so lovely though we would stay there again if we oculd get another good deal. We did a 4 hour walking tour recomended by the hotel which was great!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business