“Great Hotel in a Great Location”
Review of Regent Berlin

Regent Berlin
Ranked #5 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

I was very pleased with my stay at the Regent, especially for the price. The housekeeping service was great, including free treats delivered daily (chocolates, gummi bears, fruit, etc.). The breakfast, which was included, was amazing. The only negative was that WiFi service was very sporadic, especially in the rooms, but since we were always able to get service in the lobby lounge, it was not a huge inconvenience.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank jw9691
RegentBerlin, Manager at Regent Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

Dear jw9691,

thank you very much for rating us five stars here on TripAdvisor. We are glad that you did enjoy your stay with us and that almost everything worked out the way you have expected it.

We would love to welcome you back soon. Don´t let us wait too long.

There are newer reviews for Regent Berlin

Reviewed October 5, 2013

This was our second say at The Regent. It is very comfortable, extemely clean and right in the middle of the city. A big change since our visit last year was the free, highly reliable and fast wifi, a wonderful improvement as previously it was quite expensive. Staff were pleasant and helpful. We left just prior to the closure of Charlottenstrasse for the Berlin marathon and our cases were taken across the barricaded area to the taxi waiting for us.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2013

It was my second stay at the Regent Berlin. The first one was great, so I was looking forward to this one. Facilities are basically the same and breakfast is outstanding, but service has really gone downhill.
Upon arrival at 10am, I was informed that my room was not ready and was escorted to a separate area by the lobby where I could work and was told that someone would come and let me know as soon as my room was ready. At noon, a colleague of mine arrives to the hotel, sees me by the reception, comes to say hello and asks “Isn’t your room ready? Sorry, I just checked-in and mine was”. So I go back to the reception and ask: “Is my room ready?”, and obviously it was, they had just forgotten me there…
Next day I return to the reception to ask if I could leave the room at 13h30 instead of noon, and the same person who checked me in looks at my face and says “NO”. Just like that – NO. A moment of silence comes between us and I probably had a startled face, so she adds “We are full”.
At precisely noon, I came down and was asked if everything was all right with my stay, so I told the woman who asked me everything I stated above, including that I do understand that the hotel cannot always accommodate early check-in and late check-out requests; however not all guests arrive and depart at the same time and would have it mattered if they gave me an extra 1h30? Plus I told her that her colleague was both inefficient (she forgot me at the reception are the day before) and unfriendly.
When I said this, her colleague (the one who checked-me in), stops attending the customer she was with, turns to me in a confrontational tone and says: “I was not unfriendly and yesterday I was not at the reception at noon”. I will leave each reader to judge such attitude, but this is certainly not the type of service and treatment I expect when I check-in at ANY hotel, especially not the Regent.
Next time, I will go back to the Hotel de Rome.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
9  Thank ADPParis_France
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We loved this hotel. I must have gotten an extremely good deal because I have paid a lot more for lower quality hotels. We were treated like royalty and the room was superb. Huge bathroom with separate walk in shower. High quality soap shampoo etc. The room was so comfortable. Free wifi that worked. Exceptional service from housekeeping to concierge. The location was great. Right at Gendarmenmarkt square. Walking distance to Brandenberg Gate, Checkpoint Charlie & Museum Island. Great restaurants nearby too. Only drawback was the closest Ubahn station only went one way due to construction. Berlin is busy rebuilding and reinventing itself so that is sure to change soon. We would live at this hotel if we could. Wish we had brought dressy clothes so we could enjoy the 2 Michelin stars restaurant

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Susan K
RegentBerlin, Manager at Regent Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Dear Susan K,

thank you very much for your recent review here on TripAdvisor on the occasion of your stay with us. We are glad that we did meet your expectations to the fullest and also as part of a great offer.

It´s always worth it to check our website for a special offer or even better to call our reservation departments for that exclusive, complete and luxury reservations handling. Do it again next time and keep coming back.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We spend two days in September at the Regent. Great location, service and good value room rates. What many reviewers not seem to recognize, is that this hotel is a five star at a nations capitol. Just compare this to other five star hotels let's say Paris and you come to recognize the great service, proximity and good valued room rates.
Unlike another fellow traveller, we did enjoy the orange themed Veuve Cliquot center court yard - a nice colored accent within all the grey buildings.
We did find the breakfast to be a bit underwhelming. Nice presentation and atmosphere. Rolls, waffles and egg dish, and fruit were not that flavorful or delicious.
Overal though, this hotel is an 5 star, and would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank SWP_Midwest

Dear SWP_Midwest,

we would like to thank you ver much for your five star rating on us here on TripAdvisor. It is with great pleasure to read that you did enjoy your stay at the Regent Berlin. Since almost everything was to your fullest satisfaction we are positive to welcome you again soon. We would love to!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel and were treated to a great experience. It is a beautiful hotel in a great location. The service was exceptional and the rooms lovely. Our room was completely refreshed while we were out to dinner with new towels and amenities, turn down service. We felt very pampered and would most definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank donkeysx2

Dear donkeysx2,

thank you very much for sharing your recent experience with us here on TripAdvisor. It is just great to learn that you felt comfy all over and that we were able to create the Regent experience.

Keep telling everybody about us in Cali and don´t let us wait too long for your return visit.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I chose this hotel based on comments made by other reviewers. Our room (standard double deluxe) was extremely comfortable and clean. No noise from either outside or other rooms. The bed was large and comfortable complemented by quality pillows. The bathroom was large and equipped to a high standard. We opted for a breakfast package and we were not disappointed. We found that all staff were polite and attentive. The location of the hotel is very good. It is centrally placed for visiting many of the sites by foot, even though we were shattered by the end of the day. A great short break and should we go back to Berlin, will definitely opt for the Regent again. Another thought, the Regent is situated in an area where it is not overpowered by construction work. The only thing that would have made it even better after a long day out, was the chance to switch on some English TV whilst getting ready for the evening.

Room Tip: If you like to listen to music in your room, take your iPod. There is an iPod dock next to the bed.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Shacklebrush

Dear Shacklebrush,

the headline "highly recommended" of your five star review here on TripAdvisor would be enough to thank you at least a hundred times. Since you´ve got influenced by other reviewers it is with great pleasure to read your review on us, too.

It is so much fun to go through your review and come across all those beautiful words you used to describe your experience. Thank you very much for that.

Regarding the english TV channels we will instantly have a look at it and get them a little more up front. Thank you for the note.

We hope to welcome you again soon.