“Breath taking”

Ranked #17 of 848 things to do in Berlin
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: This ornate Protestant cathedral is one of Berlin's best known landmarks.
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The cathedral was so magnificent! It was worth the money. The only thing is that I ended up having a panic attack when I reached the Dome. I didn't know we had to walk outside to reach the exit, and we walked very high up! As long as you are prepared for that, you can get some amazing sky high photos of the city. Luckily my husband took over the camera duties as he tried to drag me around the dome to the exit lol. But I recommend it. I wish I had not gotten a bout of vertigo and had enjoyed making it to the top of the cathedral more.

1  Thank songbirdmgmt

Reviewed July 19, 2013

The Berliner Dom is definitely worth a visit. I was eager to see the Pergamon Museum, but our guide stopped here on the way and I felt a little impatient. However, when we entered the Cathedral, I understood why we had been taken there. This church is not nearly as old as many of the famous Cathedrals of Italy and France, nor as stunning as the "modern" Sagrada Familia in Barcelona, but it is still very lovely. I happily spent nearly an hour admiring the sculpture and the stained glass, while my partner succeeded to climb to the top of the Dom. He managed to get a good bird's eye view of Berlin from up there and it was a great place to take a camera. I would certainly recommend a stop here, especially if you are close to the Museum anyway!

1  Thank triciamack
Reviewed July 16, 2013

It's pretty yes, but it comes at a cost. It's worth visiting if you're in the museum island area. But if you're tired of churches in Europe, it's skippable. Don't get me wrong, it's beautiful. But it's no Sagrada Familia. With the Berlin Welcome card, there's a small discount.

1  Thank redningja
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Great Dome in the heart of Berlin near many modern buildings.Especially beautiful in the darkness. Bt don`t waste your time to go inside. Inside there is a small exhinbition devoted the history of the Dome and the view from terrace and the roof isn`t that nice. For the view it`s better to vosot French Dome.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

This was beautiful church and the crypt was amazing. The climb to the top was not too tough but had spectacular views of the city. What struck me, was the amazing amount of construction going on in and around Berlin. This was a great place to see tat and the beautiful city.

2  Thank emilyan