“Worth the wait”

Ranked #2 of 939 things to do in Berlin
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Situated just north of the Brandenburg Gate, this building houses the German Parliament and was the seat of the Weimar Republic government until it was seized by the Nazis in 1933.
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Visited the Reichstag Building in January 2014 and had to book two hours in advance to gain entry. come back later in the day, and it was worth coming back for. walked around the glass dome. You need photo I.D to enter but it is free.

Write a ReviewReviews (27,103)

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Thanks to my husband getting organised and pre booking our time slot we had a great visit to the Reichstag Building and got to walk up to the top of the glass dome around the amazing spiral walkway. We had to take photo ID. There was an audio tour which was user friendly. Because it was free we could justify a coffee and cake in the restaurant which gave great views and ambience and warmed us up on a snowy day, and it was chilly because the top of the dome is open

Reviewed February 6, 2014

The building is definitely impressive on the outside. We spent almost an hour just looking at the architecture.
My husband finally convinced me to go to the dome. I am petrified of heights and broke out in a cold sweat almost immediately and had the shaky legs going on. I must admit I am glad I did it. It really is breathtaking lookingout over the city.
Its also free to do but by appointment only. You are allocated a 1 hour slot but we had finished within 30 minutes (I couldnt stand anymore lol)

Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

One of the best tours I have been on. The chap who did our tour was extremely knowledgeable and told you everything you needed to know about the tour.

It's a fantastic building with so much history and if you book the tour in advance it's free which is criminal as it's such a fantastic place

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Steeped in history and an extremely informative free guided audio tour (headphones). Enjoyable 1-2 hours spent there.

Make sure you book online before turning up!!

Been to Reichstag Building? Share your experiences!