“My visit”

Ibis Budget Berlin Alexanderplatz
Ranked #152 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

I wanted a cheap clean hotel so opted for a name I recognise. Location is amazing for alexanderplatz and simple walk to hackescher markt. Id recommend jumping o a train that takes you to mayne hauptbahnhof on your first day so you can see the stops on the way out for visiting options. Friendly staff. Basic clean roms. Wil rent u a hairdryer but always provide clean towels. Breakfast your basic german meat sausage yoghurt toast etc if u need it. Worth a stay

2  Thank hc2924
There are newer reviews for Ibis Budget Berlin Alexanderplatz

Reviewed August 19, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JuanAmaya
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Couldn't quite work out their policy on the website when booking the room, was confused when shouted at the face by one of the female staff. I explained that I had some misunderstanding when making reservation. Even when I have handed over my credit card and asked them to charge the difference in head counts (apparently the room is only for one person they charge EUR10 extra for any extra person in the room). She still kept on shouting at me: "one person! You've only paid for one person!!!" I kept on apologizing saying that I am sorry, I didn't realize that I had to pay for my children staying with me , and asked her to charge the extra head counts. Still, she insisted on screaming at me so everyone else turned around to stare at me as if I was found out trying to take advantage of the hotel. I will never consider staying in another Ibis budget hotel in my life.

Room Tip: Perhaps only good for people traveling alone?
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank rosaline117
Reviewed August 14, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Clara511
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I stayed here for two nights in June and for me it was ideal as a cheap base to explore Berlin. Transport is good, trams run from just across the road but it is only a short walk to Alexanderplatz which is a major UBahn and S Bahn hub. There is a Kaiser supermarket just behind the hotel through a car park for water, beer and snacks.

Room is simple but the wifi worked for me and the cooling system was fine. Breakfast was very good at the price and ample for me as a slightly difficult - diabetic vegetarian - to feed. Partic. enjoyed the vegetarian spreads and selection of breads. TV mostly in German, but that's why I come to Berlin!

Overall great value, I paid 46.5 euros per night B & B. I'll be back next time I am in Berlin.

Room Tip: Higher floor, at the back is quieter but you miss out on the view!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 6, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MoaUnipampa
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stayed one night at this hotel on a room-only basis, at the bargain price of £39, amazingly good value for a Capital City. The hotel is conveniently situated for public transport, the room was generously proportioned and the furniture clean and new looking. Air conditioning worked well. Staff were efficient and polite.

My only complaint is the difficulty in finding the hotel initially. A map is provided on the website but this is of little use as many of the roads around Alexandertplatz don't display their names. Only U bahn stations are shown and they are some distance from the hotel. However a Tram stop called Mollstrasse/Otto Braun Strasse is situated only a few metres from the hotel, served by Tram routes 4,5 and 6 from Alexanderplatz. It would have been helpful to indicate this on the map.

I have tried to feed this comment back to Ibis but this is impossible as the "link" to their feedback website does not work!

This complaint aside I would recommend the hotel to anyone looking for reasonably priced accommodation in the Capital.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo