“Clean ans central”

Ibis Budget Berlin Alexanderplatz
Ranked #160 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Just 5 minutes Walk Form Alexanderplatz . Basic but clean hotel. No noise as this is often an issue in other etaps . Will be my first choice of no thrill budget hotels in Berlin. Room has double bed plus a third bed on top. So ideal for small groups and families.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank palmisano
Write a ReviewReviews (1,613)

Reviewed August 27, 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 27, 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Rafa-Brasil
Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

Clean rooms, nice setup of room, good beds, brilliant shower. Hospitable host, parking costs were five euros per day in a closed parking garage. Safe environment, metro station about five minutes away, but "strassenbahn" in front of hotel. Very nice hotel to stay in!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank njvr83
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I could not really recommend this hotel to anyone, even the budget concious. First, I booked from the night before my arrival to ensure a room would be available for check in upon my arrival in the morning, I emailed the hotel in advance regarding my plans, but when I arrived they had no information and gave me a hard time about checking in. The room I booked was for a friend and I with 2 beds. The actual room description on the confirmation said "good for colleagues travelling together". When we arrived to the room, there was a glass door shower in the middle of the room, and a toilet in a closet. I'm not exactly sure what type of colleagues they were expecting to shower in front of each other?! There were no amenities whatsoever, not even soap to wash your hands. And after my friend left the room so I could use the shower, I came out to find there was no hair dryer available.
They do not use keys, they give you a numeric code to punch into a key pad on the door, this made me a little uneasy. Then when my friend returned and knocked on the door, I realized there wasn't even a peephole to see who I was opening the door to. Not very safe.
Maybe these conditions would be acceptable for some people, but I definately won't be staying at an Etap Hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Four of us stayed here for 3 nights during a trip to Berlin. We loved the design of the rooms, the TV and wifi, and they were very clean, although they did seem to get very warm at night! The shower was lovely! We managed to walk to most of the places we wanted to go from the hotel, when it was a bit far we caught a train from the station which is very close by. There were lots of handy shops and nice bars/restaurants near Alexanderplatz which were also great value for money. The breakfast was also good value with lots of choice and allowing you to fill up for the day ahead, and there was also a vending machine offering drinks (including beer) and snacks. The staff spoke brilliant English and were very helpful at all times, they allowed us to leave our bags at the hotel for our last day after we checked out. If you just want somewhere decent to sleep and shower near to lots of facilities then I would highly recommended this to you.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple