“Nice place for beer and snacks”
Review of Brauhaus Lemke

Brauhaus Lemke
Ranked #178 of 8,394 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: German, Bar, European, Central European, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Mitte
sollentuna
“Nice place for beer and snacks”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Great homebrewed beer with a distinct german feeling. A place to pop in for a couple of pints and a pretzel.

Visited October 2012

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Velox
“German Food and Gemutlichket in Abundance”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Visited Lemke twice - Hackescher Markt is full of places to eat - once on a Monday night and then again on the Tuesday. Both nights this typical German Stubl was full - tables at premium - but as we were just a couple we managed to sneak on the end of a bar table. Conversation is the constant background music as the waiters manage to look after over 200 people with great timing. The food is typically germanic but done with some style and portion sizes more suited to visitors. I would recommend the Pfannkuchen and the pork dishes are succulent and well presented. The Brauhaus's selection of beers includes an original dark beer as well as weizen, helles and pils - try them all.
If you want to experience a real German atmosphere visit Hakescher Markt and try Brauhaus Lemke

Visited October 2012
NY, NY
“Great Beer and German Food in a Vibrant Neighborhood”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Huge portions of delicious food, lots of traditional German staples to chose from and more...... And their house-brewed beers were excellent. I especially recommend the pilsner!

Visited September 2012
Tel Aviv, Israel
“good beers and lovely location”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

beer was very good and location was gr8. tried the weizen and IPA
well worth a try. looks food is nice too but did not eat

Visited September 2012
“Hit and miss”
Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

I went to Lemke to follow up on the excellent Lemke saisons that I had previously enjoyed at Tiergarten Quell. When I went in, I was very excited to see an IPA on tap, as I haven't had one since coming to Germany over a month ago. I sat at the bar and received immediate service, but the IPA was underhopped and tasted more like raw alcohol than anything else. Then I tried the original, which tasted like burnt toast. I really think that that batch had to be botched. When I was ready to leave, as the menu didn't have any of the smaller appetizer sized items I was looking for, the bartender offered me samples of the other two beers on tap. He probably saw me taking notes on the beers and wanted to show off their quality products. This was a good move, as the weißbier was one of the best I had had in Berlin, and the pils was decent too. I want to I back to try out the lunch buffet for sure.