“Good store for all your needs”

Lebensmittel in Mitte
Ranked #626 of 10,095 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Mitte (Borough)
Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

We could pick food items fresh and in sizes that were just right for us. Some overseas bio items were also available. Convenience was a major factor for us

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed July 7, 2018

We stumbled upon this place by chance as it was our last day in Germany and we wanted to have a nice authentic German meal before we left. The restaurant is in the Hackesher markt area but on a quiet street away from the main hub.

While not cheap by Berlin standards (entrees are in the 18-25Euro range), portion sizes are generous, and quality is high. My partner had the beef and I the pork, and both were extremely well prepared and tasty.

Most importantly the service was simply lovely. German service in our experience can be hit or miss but everyone here was so friendly, knowledgable and accommodating. We had wanted an outside table, but none was available.So they seated us inside, yet every few minutes informed us that they were doing everything possible to reseat us outside, and voila, a few minutes later they did. Similarly, I was a bit under the weather, and they kept bringing me water and honey.

Definitely one of the pricier restaurants in Berlin that we ate at, but so worth it.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 5, 2018 via mobile

Authentic food in a high quality served by friendly staffs in cosy atmosphere. This small restaurant is highly recommendable both for the food and wines but also for there German specialities.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 11, 2018

I found this place on Google in a rush and wow am I glad. With its wood-panelled, single room space, candles everywhere and jazz soundtrack it was just right for an elegant dinner. The menu offers German traditional dishes, seasonal stuff (there was a whole 'spargel' or asparagus menu when I went) and a more bistro-ish range, and the staff are all too happy to help with wine selection. There's a wine display with notes too if you prefer to browse. I sat reading for a while after I ground to a halt on my enormous but tasty 'kaser spetzle' portion and they didn't try to move me along. The clientele is a mix of Germans and visitors, which is always a good sign, and solo diners, groups and families. No downsides really, as long as you can afford it!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed May 8, 2018 via mobile

Lebensmittel was a complete surprise. The decoration of the place makes it very unique whilst keeping it classy enough for any type of dinner. With excellent "Germanic" food, prices are not low but worth it given the quality - service was absolutely there to make a great experience. Looking forward to my next schnitzel there!

Date of visit: May 2018