“Great place - do it - go there”
Review of Das Bonito

Das Bonito
Ranked #266 of 8,856 Restaurants in Berlin
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Charlottenburg
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Go there - try it, you will not be disappointed if you love life, and don't expect a 3* Michelin restautant for 189€, food for 5 people, water and 4 bottels of wine :-), great place.

Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Bonito is a tapas-style restaurant with a limited range of dishes - with platters of hot selections or cold selections. We ate here twice in our 4-day Berlin break over Easter. The food is tasty and very reasonably priced. The restaurant is candlelit and welcoming and the the host is highly entertaining and attentive.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Recently I had dinner in Bonito restaurant in Berlin, and it was a nice experience.

The restaurant is small, but cosy and has a friendly and inviting atmosphere. Service was organised by a one man show, but he did his job spot on.

I asked for a glass of Chardonnay and was immediately offered to sample their open wine, which was a good choice. I started with a plate of delicious Serrano ham, which was served with a generous bread basket and, according to their menu, ‘Alijoli’. This was not only spelled in a German way, it was probably served this way too. I expected the traditional mayonnaise with garlic, but instead I got a pesto like substance with herbs. Not my kind of Aioli.

For mains I chose four medium sized Tapas, being Albondigas, pork fillet in a pepper sauce, Gambas Alijoli and chicken breast in a white wine sauce. All dishes were absolutely good, but the food in general was a bit too much dominated by mint (which I don’t like at all, so very personal).

All in all a four point rating.

1  Thank LaurentPerrier
Reviewed February 11, 2013

hallo Bonito.this is the best place of tapas in berlin. from waiter till food.we have a nice dinnertime in yours restaurant.Thank you.
we come back
Limbert

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I discovered this place just hours after arriving in Berlin (an overnight flight) and was able to tempt my weary traveling companion to join me. The warm intimacy of the place helped revive us both. After we ordered an assortment of dishes, the owner (waiter) seemed to assume that of course we also wanted the potatoes (They did have their own line on the menu, in bold lettering.) It had crossed our minds, so we said, "Yes, of course." They were wonderful, with their red and green dipping sauces; as was the wine he suggested. We left happy, and with his enthusiastic hand-shake and "Happy New Year."