“Atmospheric” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of RosaCaleta

RosaCaleta
Ranked #698 of 8,000 Restaurants in Berlin
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Cash Only, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Kreuzberg
Description: Welcome to RosaCaleta, a little piece of tropical Jamaica in Berlin! We offer a mix of traditional Jamaican cuisine along with Jamaican European Fusion dishes, full of flavours and spices that you won't find anywhere else in Berlin or on the European continent.
“Atmospheric”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

Have lived in Berlin for 20+ years now and am highly pleased to finally have some great Jamaican food again. They don't have everything we Jamaicans know and want but what they do have is tasty and well presented. Love the laid back but aesthetic atmosphere including spacey honeycomb lamp made from 2,400 plastic cups. The best part for me was the owner Kirk, who brings a certain flair to it all. NY-Kingston-Belgium meets Berlin and it fun to just sit back and watch as well as eat!!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Donna H

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love it! So does my family every time they come to visit.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

I love the food here! And everytime I take my parents or friends, they love the kind atmosphere and new tastes that you don't get often in this combination. Jamaican food was new to me before I turned into a regular at this place. With the twist of jamaican-european fusion, it is always a great choice to come here. And the best comes at the end: those cakes are AMAZING!!!

• Visited June 2013
Antwerp, Belgium
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, original combinations of food, lovely setting, even the wine was better than expected. Thanks !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

The Caribbean food tasted great. We had curried goat, jerk chicken, and more exotic dishes. The desserts were so good, for that alone we'd go back ! We asked the waiter for advise for the wine, and he gave us an excellent german wine (which we thought didn't exist, guess he proved us wrong ! The mango tiramisu for dessert was simply divine ...

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Kristin V
“A bit of a disappointment”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

We had rather high expectations for this restaurant, they were not fullfilled.
It took the waiter three tries to get our orders for starters right, which ment we had starters spread over one hour.
The main dishes were ok but nothing out of the ordinary.
The room itself resembles a big rather coldly lit dining hall without much atmosphere and charm.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank KatrineBD
New York City, New York
“Great Food! Great Price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

As a person of caribbean descent with discerning taste for good food, I was curious to see how authentic Caribbean fusion cuisine would be in Berlin - I was definitely impressed. The restaurant is nestled in the trendy district of Kreuzberg and is very welcoming. The guava infused jerk chicken with rice and peas was simply decadent. I'm not a fan of mango, but I caught myself involuntarily moaning in pleasure sampling the mango tiramisu. I wish I had time to try some more of the other dishes!

• Visited May 2013