“Love it! So does my family every time they come to visit.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of RosaCaleta

RosaCaleta
Ranked #746 of 7,787 Restaurants in Berlin
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Cash Only, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Kreuzberg
Description: Welcome to RosaCaleta, a little piece of tropical Jamaica in Berlin! We offer a mix of traditional Jamaican cuisine along with Jamaican European Fusion dishes, full of flavours and spices that you won't find anywhere else in Berlin or on the European continent.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love it! So does my family every time they come to visit.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I love the food here! And everytime I take my parents or friends, they love the kind atmosphere and new tastes that you don't get often in this combination. Jamaican food was new to me before I turned into a regular at this place. With the twist of jamaican-european fusion, it is always a great choice to come here. And the best comes at the end: those cakes are AMAZING!!!

• Visited June 2013

Antwerp, Belgium
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, original combinations of food, lovely setting, even the wine was better than expected. Thanks !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

The Caribbean food tasted great. We had curried goat, jerk chicken, and more exotic dishes. The desserts were so good, for that alone we'd go back ! We asked the waiter for advise for the wine, and he gave us an excellent german wine (which we thought didn't exist, guess he proved us wrong ! The mango tiramisu for dessert was simply divine ...

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Kristin V
“A bit of a disappointment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

We had rather high expectations for this restaurant, they were not fullfilled.
It took the waiter three tries to get our orders for starters right, which ment we had starters spread over one hour.
The main dishes were ok but nothing out of the ordinary.
The room itself resembles a big rather coldly lit dining hall without much atmosphere and charm.

1 Thank KatrineBD
New York City, New York
“Great Food! Great Price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

As a person of caribbean descent with discerning taste for good food, I was curious to see how authentic Caribbean fusion cuisine would be in Berlin - I was definitely impressed. The restaurant is nestled in the trendy district of Kreuzberg and is very welcoming. The guava infused jerk chicken with rice and peas was simply decadent. I'm not a fan of mango, but I caught myself involuntarily moaning in pleasure sampling the mango tiramisu. I wish I had time to try some more of the other dishes!

2 Thank Rob0422
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food in a chilled out atmosphere, we felt so at home there.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We passed by this place, saw the lights from outside and the menu posted looked interesting. We went in and were pleasantly surprised to find a great atmosphere in a buzzing restaurant. The mixed platter of chicken wings and spicy vegetables and the fish cakes with a great sauce started off a tasty meal. Fiery Guava chicken breast topped the experience with the spice at just the right pitch for us to get the peppers but also the various flavours hidden inside. Dessert was amazing, but we could only have 1 slice of mango cake, with layers of cream as we were already quite full. Thanks to these guys for making our vacation in Berlin special. In a city where service isnt particularly good, they really took care of us without fanfare, made us feel at home but didnt fuss. I would recommend it highly as a place to check out, if you enjoy quality but in a relaxed atmosphere.