“Cosy but „Berlin-Service“”

Ranked #1,483 of 9,908 Restaurants in Berlin
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg (Borough)
Reviewed December 15, 2018 via mobile

It’s nice it’s Cosy it’s good beer- but
Don’t expect any kind of service or kindness.
They are super stressed and not able to manage a regular Saturday.
They are rude and playing annoiyed plus convince u for another beer before u order food.
Guys if u don’t want to serve food don’t offer it.
It’s loud and kids are crying.
There are better options in the neighborhood!

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed August 21, 2018 via mobile

Schalander Hausbrauerei Berlin is yet another fantastic brewpub in the wonderful Friedrichshain district of Berlin.
This is a brewpub I've been to on many occasions over the years and with each visit it gets better and better.
Walking in and you know your in a great place,a lovely white pristine interior with great decor and furnishings including a cool looking serving bar and plenty of seating options spread throughout this brewpub both inside and outside looking out onto the busy and bustling streets around this Schalander Hausbrauerei.
We were here on a roasting hot Saturday afternoon, this place was just starting to get busy with a great atmosphere and after a quick study of the beers on offer we both opted to have one of their pils style beers, these were served in tip top condition being iced cold and sparkling and we just chilled out and took in the great brewpub we were in.
My beer was exceptional, a hoppy,well balanced beer bursting with taste and very easy to drink indeed and a beer style I really enjoyed, my twin brother Stephen also gave the thumbs up to his beer.
On this visit I cannot really comment on the meals as we were only here for drinks but I have ate here on numerous occasions over the years and the meals are superb, proper pub grub.
We really enjoyed our beers in here before we moved on and as on every other visit to here we had a great time.
Schalander Hausbrauerei Berlin is really easy to locate ,we jumped the Ubahn down to stop Frankfurter Allee were we walked down Frankfurter allee and cut onto Pettenkoferstraße and then cut onto Baenschstraße were you will find this brewpub and restaurant.
Opening hours are;
Monday to Friday, 5pm till 1am.
Saturday, 3pm till 1am.
Sunday, Midday till Midnight.
A great brewpub and restaurant and well worth checking out.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed December 18, 2017

I thought we'd get out of the cold and have a beer and check out the menu at Schalander after visiting the Historischer Weihnachtsmarkt at RAW. This was the second time I visited the place however, sadly, the first time I visited the staff seemed to busy to notice me sitting at the table - this was in summer 2017.

Three of us sat down and waited to be served. After 10 minutes I made my way to the bar thinking that Schalander may have a self service policy. The waiter obviously saw me but didn't acknowledge me - obviously busy I thought. Seeing him go to other tables I realised that Schalander has a table service policy - back to my table I went. We waited another 10 minutes... then in our desperation we tried waving, standing, more waving, nothing caught the attention of the man behind the bar. We just got up, left and went somewhere else on Simon-Dach-Straße (Primitiv Bar). The food and beer may be great at Schalander, I wouldn't know - the service just stinks!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed December 5, 2017 via mobile

I had planned to eat in another restaurant but found it was closed on a Monday night. So I was delighted that I came across the Schalander. It has a cosy, friendly feel. Thoroughly enjoyed my pork knuckle and the crackling was to die for. The craft beer was also an excellent accompaniment. Staff were very helpful and friendly. A little gem!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed June 18, 2017 via mobile

The stuff is really nice in here , the beer is awesome and the food , that's comes from other space! Just terrific!!!
We've orders steaks with over potato and green beans and I can't express with words what it feels like !
100% recommendable!