“7 nights in Berlin”

Hampton by Hilton Berlin City West
Ranked #39 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed April 26, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed April 24, 2014

I had a nice time here. Enjoyed the hospitality of staff, food and serene atmosphere. I liked the surroundings too especially for it´s vast variety of restaurants and different cuisines. I´d do it all over again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Good aircon, fast wifi and good shower. Decent comfy bed and room was nice and quiet.
Good base for exploring the kudamm or Berlin generally. Had a drink and a pizza in the bar, which was fine for what it was.
Plenty of nice coffee shops nearby for breakfast etc.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 21, 2014

This place was by the far the worst place we had ever stayed in. It is boring and completely outdated. How could anyone in their right mind come and stay here. I guess it is all in the name. If the right name is there, nothing else matters, people will show. I found the reception area to be a complete train wreck and not at all efficient. I actually had to wait more than half an hour to check in, not something you want to do after being on such a long flight, and they were not even apologetic about it. One word I can say about this place I can say is: AVOID.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Jonathan S
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We stayed at the Hilton for a long weekend break from 4th April - 7th April, the hotel was easy to find and upon arrival the staff were very polite and welcoming. The hotel was about a 5 minute walk from the train station / U-Bahn making getting around very easy for us, the trains are an excellent way to commute around what is a very large city.
Our room was on the 5th floor and we did not hear one bit of noise from the nearby railway, indeed we could not hear anyone outisde of the room - including room service! The room was spotless and kept very clean by the very efficient maids, the bed was comfortable with a choice of pillows and the bathroom, although only containing a shower was also very clean - another great shower to add to the list!
Breakfast was varied and of good quality, good choice of hot and cold food and drinks - I would recommend the hotel for anyone seeking a comfortable and reasonably priced break.
Berlin is a great city with much to see, we had previously booked a visit to the Reichstag and enjoyed every minute in there - we would recommend a visit, as the views in the dome are excellent but if you do want views go and see the TV tower - Fernsehturm, it is amazing and very informative at the top of the dome. If you love your history, you will love Berlin.

Room Tip: Ours was on the 5th floor at the rear of the hotel - maybe the front rooms for views
Reviewed April 16, 2014

We stayed there for 5 nights in mid April. The location is great. Very near busses and U-Bahn (subway) and yet in a relatively quiet side street. Staff is smiling and welcoming.Our room and bathroom were exactly like in the photos and of a decent size really. Breakfast is varied and plentiful. (Both European style and English/North-American). I thought the mattress a bit hard at first but finally it proved to be very comfortable for a 'poor, exhausted tourist'!!
One warning: Be careful, the floor of the great roomy shower can be a little slippery.
Two advices: First,unless you absolutely want to cuddle, ask for twin beds as ours at least, was a bit narrow for the two of us. (O.K. we are not so thin!)
And second, reading the comments below about the noise of the train nearby, I asked and got a room on the 6th floor facing a small courtyard that had a lovely view on an narrow old appartment building, that for 10euros more a night. In my opinion, that was not a good idea as I
still heard the train. (not that loud really, didn't disturb my partner in the least but me a bit). The trouble with me is that I hate air-conditionning and not to hear the train I had to turn it on and shut the window because sensibly there is a system that doesn't allow you to turn the AC on with the window open. And I had no choice but to choose AC as the window opened just a little bit, not enough air coming in for me. But I suppose this is a minor personal problem. So all in all, yes,I heartily recommend Hampton by Hilton Berlin City West.
Chantal formely from Montreal Canada, now living in Sweden.
Tip: I you are a sushi lover, ask at the reception direction for the sushi bar almost next door but hard to find by yourself. The sushi master is not japanese, he is a bit on the slow side (but then I don't think you should gulp sushi one after another like you didn't eat for days) and his waitress is hopeless. But the sushis are superb though not cheap and pass floating in little wooden boats on a blue canal. The place is tiny so reservation is in order.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Stayed four nights. Booking in was easy, staff spoke perfect English. The hotel was spotless and very new looking. Our room was on the sixth floor overlooking the road and railway line. We expected noise from the trains but this was minimal and didn't spoil our stay. We used the sofa bed which made the room a little tight. Storage space wasn't too great for three of us. The shower room was of high standard with a large walk in shower. Plenty of hot water with good pressure. A selection of TV channels, a few in English.
Breakfast was excellent with a great choice; the fruit salad was exceptional. The bar area was good with a 24hr snack bar and numerous TV's. Prices similar to those in the restaurants.
Hotel just 10 mins from the main Zoologischer Garten train station where you can get a direct train to from Schonefeld Airport. Depending on where you are travelling to, Savignyplatz train station is slightly closer. Take a trip out to Potsdam, get a five day travel ticket from the airport for 37 Euro for five days, (1 adult and up to 3 children under 14) allows for travel on trains, trams and buses in areas A,B and C.
There are many cheap restaurants close by with a friendly atmosphere.
I highly recommended this hotel

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family