“Lovely”

Hampton by Hilton Berlin City West
Ranked #37 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed January 18, 2014

A lovely hotel, clean, comfortable and friendly staff. Breakfast is enough to satisfy anyone's palette. Would highly recommend to anyone visiting Berlin. Very easy to get to from airport and near a central shopping and business area.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank minx2005
Write a ReviewReviews (2,732)

Reviewed January 13, 2014

What a great little hotel!!! The most amazing service. All the comments in Tripadvisor are correct. We chose this hotel based on the rating and could not have been happier. Location is PERFECT! Close to everything, very easy public transportation. We were upgraded based on availability to a nice room with Terrace. Outstanding!. Breakfast was very complete and yummy. Perfect Spanish during Check In. Great recommendations. We left with a very big smile! Thank you

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank atl010684
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I've stayed at many Hampton Inn's in the US so I thought that booking at this hotel would be a good bet - it was. The location, in west Berlin, is very central and a short walk to two UBahn and SBahn stations. Its also a quick walk to a main shopping district. There are many, many restaurants in the vicinity as well.

The checkin was appropriately succinct and I was put in an upgraded room because of my HHonors status. What this meant, I think, was a room that wasn't street side or train track side. The room was very quiet and furnished in a typical Hampton way. There was a decided lack of closet/storage space and no luggage racks. Please rectify this, management! I had to use the ironing board as a luggage rack. The bath towels were huge and plentiful. I really liked that the soap/shampoo/conditioner was attached to the wall in squeeze bottles - I don't like fiddling with the small amenity bottles.

The hotel offers a 24/7 bar and lot's of places in the lobby to sit and relax. Also, wi-fi was much better in the lobby than in the room. The w-fi connectivity was a bit cumbersome as you need a username and password for each device. This happens in Europe a lot and I can't figure out why.

The best part of this stay? The breakfast. It was wonderful: real eggs (take note US Hampton's), sausage, bacon, pancakes, cold cuts, cheese, breads, fresh fruit, yogurt, etc. And real, filtered coffee. Yay!

I paid 90 Euro a night to stay at this property, which considering the inclusion of such a quality breakfast, was a bargain. If I'm in Berlin again this will be my hotel of choice.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank BobZAtlanta_Ga
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Really nice hotel. Well appointed rooms. Good quality breakfast included. Only downside was the fact that the breakfast room was very busy and it was difficult to find a table at times, although to be fair the receptionist did warn us of this. I stayed here on a points redemption and unlike previous reviewer I found all the staff to be very courteous and helpful. Hotel has internet in rooms and also free terminals including printer in the lobby. Great location U-bahn, S-Bahn, and mainline (Berlin Zoo) all within 5 mins walk as are Ku-Dam and Savigny Platz and its surrounding streets which are full of good value restaurants.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank paulgarynixon
Reviewed January 9, 2014

The hotel is in the centre of Berlin full of shops and lots of restaurants easy reach from Tegel airport using bus 109. The building is next to a railway line, but it is a new building of only 3 years old and one can hardly hear the train. It is double glazed with modern amenities including a gym.
The room is a good seize and is kept very clean, the bed very comfortable and flat screen television with satellite connection. You can access English channels including BBC World, CNBC, Al-Jazera,CNN and French 24 among others. Bedside radio with alarm is also provided. The room is also equipped with Kettle and tea /coffee. The room also have iron with ironing board.
The shower/toilet room is very modern and almost everything is provided.
The Staff are professional and are always very helpful especially Ms Diana --- who always go out of way to assist.
The breakfast is a buffet and is available between the hours of 07.00 to 10.00

Room Tip: The center rooms are the best in my opinion
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Isaac E
Reviewed January 8, 2014

It started bad and got even worst :Z

On my arrival I was greeted with information that there is no parking space available. Receptionist kindly enough informed that he will point me to nearby parking lot, unfortunately such promise and all pleasantness was forgotten as soon I revealed that my stay is a redemption from HH account - seems that being on highest possible loyalty status I am being an underclass customer.

Another interesting thing happened soon afterwards. I was given a voucher for snack and drink (seems to be the only perk from HH in Hamptons) - when trying to use it I was told that I cannot have a sandwich - the lady who served me pointed me to some chocolate bars. I did ask then if I can buy a sandwich but I was told again that I cannot have any food - only snacks are available. Well ... I was quite surprised because I was standing in front of the display full of sandwiches and there were some people who were having food. I said to myself - well, you were loyal to Hilton here is your award. Fortunately there was an restaurant and some grocery shops around.

On side note - the voucher said that I can either have it or some points to HH account - none was awarded anyway ...

On the flip side - the room prepared by Svetlana (as stated by card left on my bed) was clean and comfortable to sleep in.

Unsure about advertised breakfast - I left the hotel early morning to have it elsewhere in anticipation that Diamond HH members are not allowed to get a breakfast at the hotel anyway.

If I could make a little suggestion to management whom might come across this review: do replace reception staff for someone knowledgeable and experienced. Youngsters (apprentices?) you employ for late shift (savings?) are not good neither for Hilton's brand nor your property. I have stayed in Hilton's through the world but never got as bad treatment as last time in the hotel.

Room Tip: if you are sensitive to noises ask for room facing the yard, not the rail tracks
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Weesky
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Near to city. Easy access to tog/bus connection to almost everywhere. Walking distance to the Zoo. Good and free internet connection (included in hotel rate). Good breakfast too. Even the train track is near to the hotel, we don´t hear them from our room (so I think it depends on which room you choice). Housekeeping can be better. Strange that they don´t clean and empty your cold, old coffee/tea cups! So, you have to empty the cup if you want them to clean them.

The bed was a little too hard for my back.

Overall , happy with my choice.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family