Hampton by Hilton Berlin City West
Average 3/5
  • Pool
  • Room Service
2,765 results
All reviewsrailway linetrain noisegreat hotelzoo stations bahnzoologischer gartenbathroom doorcomplimentary breakfasttegel airportfree wifiminute walksofa bedlight sleeperhotel is locatedpublic transportationyogurtcold meats
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The hotel is brand new and in excellent condition. The taxi from tegel airport is 20euros for a family of four. The bathrooms are very clean and the bed is very comfortable. Excellent breakfast and free Internet included. The hotel is located at few blocks from the Kudamm shopping avenue and to the zoo.
The staff is very helpful and friendly. Traveling with teenagers highly recommended. Keep up the good work.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank elector
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Very good location, close to the ZOO, main shopping street Ku'damm and metro station which is literally adjacent to the hotel. This actualy may cause some noise in the rooms located close to the railtracks as metro is build on the railway embankment.
We liked size of the room, cleanliness, very nice and helpful personell. Breakfast is quite rich with fruits, cold cuts, eggs (boiled and scrambled), bacon, few kinds of cereals, honey, jam, joghurts.
We arive around 8pm and there was no parking available, but we were directed to the public parking which is in 2 min drive and 6 min by foot, costing just 10€ where there were plenty of places available. Hotel does not have restaurant on the premises but you will get a small map with all adjacent restaurants which are quite few. We has nice dinner in the one around the corned, traditional german food, quite good. Overall we would defenitely recommned this hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid right side of the hotel due to train noise.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Matt W
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The hotel is in the vincinity of Kurfuerstendamm, the old center of Berlin. It is a modern and practical building, the rooms are standard, the bed is comfy. I found the service in general not very organized and also not very friendly. Check-out was a mass of humanity gathered around the counter. My general impression was that everything is hectic and not very well organized.
Also, the hotel is build right next to the rail tracks and these tracks are some of the busiest we have in all of Germany. Stay away from those rooms, because all day long the trains going to Berlins mainstation pass about 20 feet from your window. It was my first and probably my last stay there. As a frequent visitor to Berlin I find other hotels more suitable than this one.

Room Tip: Stay away from the right side of the building unless you want to study German rail in detail.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Cheap and in a nice area and very modern. What more could you ask for....Bedrooms were on teh small side as a lot of European hotels are, but perfectly adequate. Breakfast was reasonable given it was included in the rate.

Personally I would prefer real soap and a few more luxuries, but that's not what this hotel is about. I think I will be a regular here in my trips to Berlin.

The standard pillows are far too soft, but I didn't ask for any replacements so I can't tell if there are others available.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stay at Hilton brand a lot, I had just come from the Waldorf Astoria in London and from here moved to the Hilton in Berlin and I must say the staff at The Hampton Berlin were the best I've encountered, always polite and friendly and do their best to accomodate guests.

The hotel was a great price and included a really good breakfast, the other more expensive Hiltons could learn so much from this place in relation to customer service. Well done Hampton!

Room Tip: Watch out when opening a window or balcony door that you close the latch properly, we couldn't get the aircon working because we hadn't closed the lock properly.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends