H2 Hotel Berlin Alexanderplatz
  • Pool
$319
$276
1,917 results
All reviewsramada hotelgreat locationtv towertrain stationnice hotelcity breaknon smoking roomalexander platzfew minutes walkschonefeld airporttea and coffee making facilitiesmuseum islandbreakfast was excellentby footshort breakpublic transporthotel bar
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I stayed 4 nights and I felt very comfortable. The room although was very far from the elevator was very comfortable and quiet. The bathroom had heated floor and it has speakers that allowed me to hear the TV in the bathroom. The only thing that I did not like was that it was summer and they only put duvet over the beds no sheets. Overall it's a great place to stay.Friendly staff.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
RAMADA-Berlin-Mitte, Manager at H2 Hotel Berlin Alexanderplatz, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2014

Dear guest,
We are delighted that we were able to prepare an enjoyable and comfortable stay.
Thanks a lot for your lovely review. See you soon in Berlin!

Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here over the weekend and loved it. Incredibly clean with fantastic beds and very quiet rooms. The breakfast was utterly delicious and no request was too small. In addition, I found that my travel adapter wouldn't work and was given one to borrow by reception.
Fantastic place with friendly staff and brilliant shower!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Anne H

Dear Anne,
We appreciate your great compliments.
Thank you so much for this wonderful review. We are looking forward to your next stay.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

In the first day when we arrived we went to the reception to check in. The staff was very kind until the moment they asked for the credit card as guarantee. We didn't had a credit card so we gave them a debit card. In that moment, everything changed. They changed our room giving us a very small room with a terrible view. We figured it out when I saw the envelope in which we found our access cards. The room number was covered with correction fluid and over the correction fluid was written by hand with a blue pen the room number. The rest of the informations were written by computer. I didn't said nothing, and we went to the room. When i opened the room our adventure started. We had a construction site right in front of our room, both of us being condemned to hear jack hammers, cranes, workers shouting and concrete mixers the whole week. More than that, the bed was very small. After the problems during the flight, i was very close to a nervous breakdown. So i went to the reception and i asked to change the room. Because i refused the room, they gave us another room, with a slightly bigger bed, but was a room for smokers. We don't smoke, so we immediately felt the hard smell of tobacco which was impregnated in the sheets and carpet. That was the moment when i snapped. More than that, the room had a terrible view also, to a 'interior garden' which was full of rocks and bushes. But this is not all! The building is a giant hollow square and the room was placed in the interior of the square, so the only view we had was three huge walls full of windows. This time we were condemned to watch in other people rooms and other people to watch in our room. Sounds revolting, but in the second day i caught not one, but two people watching me while I changed my clothes. When they realised i saw them, they hid after the blinds.
After a while, deeply disappointed i accepted the situation. I kept the room... But shortly after that, i went to buy a Febreeze and sprayed the whole room to get rid of the horrible smell.
The second day, we went to visit the city and asked to clean our room. The rule was to place the used towels which you want to be changed on the floor. We did that. But when we returned, we found our used towels placed on the sink. How we recognised our used towels? Simple... were dirty because was placed on the floor ( yes the bathroom floor was dirty), were wet and i could see the lines on the towels because i folded them in a specific way.
If the unchanged towels wasn't enough, this blew my mind off. One of the glasses from the bathroom was cracked. I was very lucky to spot the crack, because i was about to use it when i brushed my teeth. I could have easily cut one of my lips.
Another problem was with the internet connection. We found that the free hotspot was available only in the lobby which was overcrowded because of that. It's for the first time in my life when i have to go to a overcrowded lobby to 'enjoy' very slow internet connection or to PAY to have internet connection IN THE ROOM. My luck was that when i booked the room, i paed for the internet too, but without knowing. So, those from reception gave us a plastic card with details to access the PAID hotspot but ONLY AFTER we complained about this horrible situation. They didn't told us we already paid for the internet connection when we checked in. If we wouldn't asked them, they wouldn't told us about the service we paid for. Finally, when i thought our problems ended, another problem occurred which infuriated me. To the PAID hotspot you could connect ONLY ONE device, which made us fight over the internet connection because we had two laptops, one tablet and two smartphones. How we figured it out? Well, when one of us connected to the hotspot, the other one lost his connection. Simple, isn't it? But that's not all!!! The internet connection was intermittent despite that only one device was connected to the hotspot. Our problems seamed endless!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms. According to them, all the rooms have the same size, and trust me, my bathroom is bigger!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear guests,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While we wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it is apparent in this case that we fell short. If you would give us a chance to earn back your trust, we can assure you that we would do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.

Yours sincerely,

RAMADA Hotel Berlin-Alexanderplatz //

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Although fairly small, the room was very clean and comfortable and the hotel was in a good, central location. The only reasons that I didn't give 5 stars were that the pillows were so thin that they were useless and that there were no tea/coffee making facilities.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear guests,
Thank you very much for rating your stay at our hotel. Your feedback we appreciate very much.
Please be informed that we are offering different room categories. Some of them also include coffee-/ tea-making facilities. Extra pillows are available on request.
We are pleased that your stay was “quiet and comfortable” and we hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

We booked our 2 rooms over two months before arrival. Everything looked fine. 3 days before arrival and over a weekend, we got an email from their Reservations asst manager, saying there was a technical issue and because of that we were being reassigned to another Ramada property. They claim everything is the same as the Alexanderplatz location. Though we emailed them back to complain against this quick reassignment, no answer, no apology. Let me just way, it as not the same on any level. The location was not the one we chose. Luckily we complained to Booking.com about the reassignment, we booked thru them, thank goodness for the guys at Booking.com, they took it up with the hotel nod we got our reservation back.
The hotel rooms were modern and functional. The staff were great and the breakfast buffet was very good. Too bad my review of the hotel is pulled down by this reservations fiasco. What they did was supposedly not in accordance with their agreement. Nasty!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear guests,
First we would like to take the chance to apologize once more for any inconveniences you had before arrival. It was not our intention to fool you. You are absolutely right that the transfer to another hotel could have been in demand a little more customer friendly.
As described, you had a pleasant stay at our hotel on Berlin's Alexanderplatz. The more we regret that your positive impressions are overshadowed by the previous occurrence.
We hope, we will get the possibility to welcome you again one day. It would be a pleasure for us.