H4 Hotel Berlin Alexanderplatz
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$223
$167
$131
Trip.com
1,901 results
All reviewsramada hotelgreat locationtv towertrain stationnice hotelcity breaknon smoking roomalexander platzfew minutes walkschonefeld airporttea and coffee making facilitiesmuseum islandbreakfast was excellentby footshort breakpublic transporthotel bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 11, 2014

My first trip to Berlin and I was delighted with my choice of this hotel. It is so easy to get to from Alexanderplatz Station - just two blocks up Karl-Liebknecht-Strasse. The room was spotlessly clean with crisp, fresh linens and nice towels. I liked the fact that I could sleep with the window open -such a luxury in new hotels these days, and although there is a new building going up next door, I heard nothing when I closed the window in the morning. Very soundproof. The hotel seems to cater to conventions and business meetings but it did not make me feel any less welcome. The staff were efficient and helpful, helping me to use the log-in for free Wi-Fi as I am not the world's best with technology. The breakfast which was included in my room price was really fantastic, lots of fruit and cereals, cold meats and a huge selection of breads. And speaking of price, it was very well-priced - and extremely good value for the money. I will certainly stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank jbltd
RAMADA-Berlin-Mitte, Manager at H4 Hotel Berlin Alexanderplatz, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Dear guest,
We are glad reading your review because it tells of your stay that was really enjoyable for you.
Thank you for your compliments for service and value for money.
To see you again as guest of our hotel we would appreciate very much.

Kessrin Heusel – Online reputation Manager

Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

A great couple of nights spent here at the Ramada. The hotel is in a great location a few minutes walk from Alexanderplatz.

The rooms are rather small, but modern and well organised. My only (small) complaint is that the room had no basic amenities (nail file, individual shampoo/conditioner, shower cap etc) which you would expect in a hotel of this standard.

As other reviews mention, the free wifi is a daily Telekom hotspot card, this was perfect for me as it picked up hotspots all over Berlin rather than just the hotel!

The breakfast is 15Euros, but being so close to Alexanderplatz I instead bought fruit, coffee and water at the Galleria Kaufhof.

You can also hire a bike for 12Euro infront of the hotel making Berlin very easy to travel around.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
RAMADA-Berlin-Mitte, Manager at H4 Hotel Berlin Alexanderplatz, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Dear guest,
We are very happy that you had a pleasant stay and the location of our hotel was a great starting point for you to explore the city.
We have noted that you were missing some bath amenities. They are available in some other room categories we offer.
Thank you very much for giving us feedback.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

No wifi in standard rooms -available in lobby which has 6 chairs. No mini bar in standard rooms -I arrived late and asked for room service -only food available was pizza and then room service did not answer when I rang.
Reception staff vary from being accommodating to being rude depending on who is on roster. I would not stay here again.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo

Dear guest,
Thank you for writing a review regarding your stay at our hotel.
What we would like to do first is apologizing for the varying quality of service you have described. Of course it should not depend on the employee that is on the roster, if the guest is feeling well or not.
We have decided not to install a minibar in the guestrooms, but you get your drinks delivered to your room around the clock. The kitchen is closed at 23:00 o`clock. What we could offer as an alternative, if desired by the guests who arrive late, is crisping up a pizza.
Wifi is available in the lobby and in the guestrooms as well, in most tariffs even included.
We regret that we did not met your expectations but hope you would give us another opportunity to convince you. Kind regards!

Reviewed June 4, 2014

This hotel is extremely well situated for exploring Berlin, by foot or public transport. The room was of a good size and the bed comfortable. The en-suite was also of a good size and had the added bonus of an almost separate toilet. Everything was extremely clean and there were also tea/coffee making facilities. The only downside is that it did not have a table in the room making it difficult to eat if room service is ordered. The room had enough space to accommodate a small table.

All the staff I came into contact with were extremely pleasant and helpful and had a very good command of the English language.

The thing that I found quite annoying was breakfast time: the breakfast room was extremely small for the number of guests the hotel accommodates and as such, and despite trying to have breakfast at different times, it was always difficult to get a table and then for every item one wanted to eat one had to queue.

On the same note the reception desks are also few and it was very difficult to find a time when there wasn't a queue - quite annoying if all you want is to ask for the wi-fi password!

The same goes for the size of the lounge area in the foyer. Again hugely inadequate for the size of the hotel and very difficult to find a space to seat in at any time. To add insult to injury, on my last day, I had to check out by 12 noon but as my flight was not till later in the afternoon. I had some time to kill and as I needed to do some work I hoped to be able to seat in the lounge area. Unfortunately the foyer was completely taken over by some sort of conference and delegates which meant none of the hotel guests could use it. I eventually found a seat round the back in a sort of corridor by the kitchen and restaurant with people incessantly coming through, not to mention the cooking smell from the kitchen! Not very acceptable for a 4* hotel in the centre of a modern city! For the breakfast room, reception and foyer problems I have awarded the 'average' mark. Otherwise it would have been very good or excellent.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for sharing your impressions with us. We are delighted that rating the room facilities and services would have been very good or even excellent.
Of course, it is a shame that in the public areas you have felt so restricted that it affects your review this much.
We would be glad if the great location of the hotel, the sense of wellbeing in the rooms and the pleasant and helpful service of our staff outweigh, so that you would choose our hotel again.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

we loved this hotel. Very nice staff, nice big rooms, with great bed and bathroom. Music in the bathroom. location is very good, in the centrum and close to the s- and u- bahn. It was clean and the atmosphere was great. nice food in their restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Julia,
Thank you so much for evaluating us as fabulous. We are very glad that you loved staying at our hotel as well as in this convenient area.
We are looking forward to see you again very soon.