“Excellent !!! made my business trip a breeze...”

Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Hackescher Markt
Ranked #8 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent !!! made my business trip a breeze...”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I had to travel to Berlin for a week on a business trip.
The company I worked for picked the Adina, and am I glad they did.

Room: Perfect 1 bdrm suite with a small kitchenette. Very quite, super clean and comfortable. It even had a washer and dryer. The fridge came in handy with all the fruit I bought from a local grocery shop.

Hotel location: Walking distance to lots of attractions, restaurants and shopping malls. Every evening I would walk and discover new places. I would walk all the way to the Galeria and Alexa malls (15 to 20 mins). On the way to the Galeria there is a grocery place (on the sidewalk) with fresh fruits, juice and vegetables. Around the hotel (within mins), there are plenty of restaurants (side walks) and couple of supermarkets, a pharmacy, etc...

I did not use the train system (train stop just few mins walk).

I had dinner at the hotel once; I tried the steak, potatoes and salad. The food was amazing, the service was superb, and the presentation was worth the cost of the meal.

The concierges were all very helpful. My taxis were always ready by the time I get down to the front lobby; their suggestions for food, places to visit, etc... always on the mark. And one evening, the concierge stopped me before heading out and recommended I grab an umbrella (they provided me with one) as he knew the forecast was calling for some showers. I did not know and I am glad I listened to him as it started to rain on my way back that evening.

Highly recommended. I would definitely stay at the Adina when I go back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
ajost, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Hackescher Markt, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear S S, what a lovely report on your recent stay with us. Your feedback shows how ideal our apartments are when you stay for a longer period and for business reason. I am glad to read how good you managed to get around. Prepare your own meals upstairs and were well looked after by my team. Many thanks for your recommendation and we hope to welcome you soon again. Kind regards Annette Jost

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (410)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Amsterdam
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We chose this place based on the very good reviews and we were most certainly not disappointed. The rooms are spacious and well decorated. The shower was very comfortable. We had a room facing the inner court so it was very quiet. There's a U-bahn close by but we walked from the hotel to many sights in Berlin: Alexanderplatz, Friedrichstrasse (shopping), Checkpoint Charlie, Holocaust monument, Potsdammer Platz and many more. Their service is incredible. The rooms have a small kitchenette and we made our own coffee in the room in the morning. They even cleaned these cups. We didn't eat in the hotel but we've found a nice place for breakfast and lunch. It's Allegretto cafe, next to the Spree (http://www.allegretto-berlin.de/).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank saiho
Dear saiho, many thanks for your kind review. I am happy to read that we did not disappoint you. It sounds you had a great time and we could be at your service whenever you needed assistance. We look forward to your next stay with us. Kind regards Annette Jost
Fife, Scotland
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Spotlessly clean modern building in a very good location and we were really impressed with everything, the apartment had the full kitchen and laundry facilities and the all-important air con was working very well with individual controls. We did a mixture of eating in, using the hotels Alto bar/restaurant and other cafes/restaurants plus the hotel BBQ one night. There are loads of cafes/restaurants around the Hackescher Markt station area, which is less than 2 minutes away along with a Kaiser supermarket nearby. The supermarket is easy to find, out the hotel door and keep left all the way round the building, it’s open 0800 until very late Mon to Sat but closed on a Sunday.
Although the Hackescher Markt rail station (S bahn) is near and useful for most journeys the Schoenefeld airport express train does not stop there but it does at the Alexanderplatz station (S&U), which is about a 5 to 10 minute walk.
All in all a very good clean apartment hotel with nice friendly staff

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Strath101
ajost, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Hackescher Markt, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Dear Strath101, many thanks for your nice compliment. It sounds you made the best out of everything which the city and our hotel offered to you. Good to know, that you were able to enjoy our BBQ evening. It sounds that you enjoyed staying with us and we can welcome you soon again. Kind regards Annette Jost
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 12 days beginning of June with a friend part of the time and alone the rest. We had a lot of friends meeting up for a concert in Berlin and each night we all got together ( everyone at different hotels) - people always wanted to go to Hackescher Markt instead of another location for dinner/drinks because it was the most central spot.

Perfect for transportation, the easy to use tram and S-Bahn and busses were all a block away. The hotel sells transportation passes that made everything even easier. They will book museums for you so you don't have to stand in endless lines too.

There is an ATM, a 24 hour grocery store and a great breakfast - coffee - sandwich place all right behind the hotel. We went to Pure Origins for breakfast each day which was under 5 euros for great scrambled eggs and Starbucks quality coffee, so I can't comment on the hotel breakfast but I'm sure it's good if it's in your budget.

It's a great location to wander to boutique shops and art galleries in the area also.

The room was large with bedroom, living room, kitchen, washer and dryer, large bathroom with enough counter space for 2 women and an extra full length mirror outside the bathroom for drying your hair when the other person was in the shower. Always a big plus.

The rooms are modern and spotless and I couldn't fault anything. Even having to get passwords for each hour of internet use was no big deal. I found that my iPhone worked much better (could use wifi in the room), after buying a German SIM card, prepaid, $20 usd, from a telecom store also very close to the hotel.

I will definitely stay at this hotel again even though it was a bit more than I wanted to spend. It was well worth it.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank debartiste
Dear debartist, many thanks for giving us that great feedback in your 12 days stay with us. It seems you stayed in the right location, when I read your review. I am delighted to see how much you discovered the city and sights and how you managed to get around with the german SIM card. Hopefully we can welcome you soon again. Kind regards Annette Jost
Copenhagen
Reviewed July 9, 2014

This is just an amazing hotel. The location is spot-on, the room is large and very well laid out. Lots of storage, fridge, balcony, TV. Everything is so nice. Staff is nice. We paid for the wifi in the room, and it is a bit tricky, so read the fine print. Stay here, you will not regret it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony. Sooo nice.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Schleins Girl
Dear Schleins, what a nice comment. I am happy to read that you loved staying with us. We look forward to your next stay with us. Kind regards Annette Jost
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We traveled to Berlin with my wife, daughter and three of her friends. This hotel/apt was beyond our expectations. The rooms were large with the finest appliances. We had a 1bd 1 bath and a 2 bd 2 bath. Very comfortable and beautifully
appointed.. The bar in the lobby had the best bartenders we have ever com across in Europe. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. It is near one of the largest restaurant rows and beer gardens in Berlin. I would never stay anywhere else in Berlin.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Joe M
ajost, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Hackescher Markt, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Joe M, what a great statement to promise never to stay somewhere else than with Adina. I am so glad to read that we exceeded your expectations. Many thanks for your compliments on the apartments and especially on the bar team. We look forward to your next stay with us. Kind regards Annette Jost
Broadbeach, Australia
Reviewed July 7, 2014

This property ticks all the right boxes. Friendly efficient check-in, contemporary stylishly presented lobby area with ample chairs and sofas overlooking a private courtyard, two speedy elevators, a well equipped gym with spa & sauna and beautifully designed rooms which continue to reflect the modern decor. It was a pleasure just walking into our studio apartment. It really had the wow factor. The kitchen features a microwave, electric hotplate, dishwasher and all the necessary equipment and utensils. Breakfast (which was included in our tariff) is served buffet style in the ground floor dining room off the lobby and there is plenty to choose from. The staff will even arrange to have your eggs cooked the way you like and brought to your table. Top marks to Anne who's bright friendly service ensured breakfast was a highlight of every morning.
The hotel is in a terrific location. There are heaps of good cafes and restaurants in the area, public transport is a stone's throw away, and its an easy walk to Alexander Platz, the Spree River, Berlin Cathedral, Museum Island, etc,etc. We can't recommend this property highly enough. We'll definitely make a point of staying there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Andre v
ajost, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Hackescher Markt, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Andre v, what a great compliment. It is great to read how much you paid attention to details and appreciate the way we arrange things in the hotel. I am happy to see that you enjoyed the great variety of our breakfast buffet and many thanks for the feedback on Anne. It is a great motivation for the team, to get that direct feedback, which shows that their effort is appreciated. We look forward to your return. Kind regards Annette Jost