“Excellent Sachsenhausen tour”

and up
Private 4-Hour Berlin History Walking Tour
Ranked #7 of 381 Tours in Berlin
More attraction details
Owner description: Vive Berlin e.G. is a Berlin experts Cooperative. We offer walking tours in Espanol, Francais, Italiano, English, Deutsch, Portugues. We also offer private tours (walking and bike tours or tours with a van)
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Lisle, New York
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Excellent Sachsenhausen tour”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We took the Sachsenhausen tour with Vive Berlin. This tour is free and based on tips only, others are 15 euros. We tipped our guide, Alex, 10 euros a piece. He did a wonderful job!! He was very informative. He gave us preliminary information on the train ride out, continued at the camp and wrapped it all up at the end. He took us through the life of 4 men. I highly recommend this tour.

Visited August 2012

NC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome tours”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I was fortunate enough to find this awesome tour company online and took a chance. I'm so glad I did. I experienced a wealth of knowledge on the Essential Berlin tour and the Sachsenhausen tour. Dennis is an excellent story teller about the history of his city. His ability to keep you interested and engaged is phenomenal. Without a doubt these are the best tours I have ever been on and I highly recommend them. Vive Berlin!!!

1 Thank skygoddess51
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sachsenhausen Tour”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Went on this tour on a cold and slushy day. Nevertheless, Dennis managed to keep our group of 6 interested and entertained throughout the 6 hour tour. A wonderful recent history of Germany was provided as well, and it was awe inspiring to see what remains of the concentration camp. Thoroughly recommended.

Manchester, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Sachsenhausen”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

My wife and I had a short trip to Berlin and decided to include a visit to the Sachsenhausen memorial site. She had alread researched Vive Berlin on the internet and although we knew that it was free, we thought there must be some catch - there wasn't! We dismissed all the other Berlin tours due to their hard selling literature and went with Vive Berlin. Jonas met us at Potsdamer Platz and we went on the train and bus to Sachsenhausen. Fantastic guide and very knowledgeable. We were initially on our own with him but were joined by Portuguese group who spoke Englilsh and did not want to be with the Spanish tour. No criticism at all - a really full and interesting day. Well recommended,

Kamloops, Canada
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Sachsenhausen - wonderful guide”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

My girlfriend and I chose to take part in the Sachsenhausen tour, although we aren't normally the "guided tour type", and were extremely pleased with the decision. Our guide Dennis was not only incredibly knowledgeable but used stories of real prisoners to create an emotional connection to the site as well. You could tell he is passionate about the site as well as his role as a tour guide. Although difficult emotionally, the site is an important part of history and not to be missed. Unfortunately we were only able to take this one tour with Vive Berlin, however if all their guides are as interesting and passionate as Dennis you won't be disappointed!

A full account of the day and photos are available at http://goo.gl/gj1Mh