“Brilliant and original tour”
Review of Vive Berlin Tours

Vive Berlin Tours
Ranked #7 of 391 Tours in Berlin
More attraction details
Owner description: Vive Berlin e.G. is a Berlin experts Cooperative. We offer walking tours in Espanol, Francais, Italiano, English, Deutsch, Portugues. We also offer private tours (walking and bike tours or tours with a van)
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We decided to go on the 3rd Reich tour after doing a general Berlin bike tour with another company.
All the other 3rd Reich tours we saw had a lot of overlapping with the other tours we did and so we decided to give this one a shot since it seemed to have less overlapping.
Great decision on our part.
We went with Maria on this tour, and she took us to places that we would never have thought about going to, and gave us a lot of great insights of these places. She really knows her stuff and really cares about the tour. She put a lot of effort to always keep us interested, and had a lot of stories to tell.
The tour involved quite a bit of transit, but Maria kept telling us stories even on the trains, so we were always "touring" even while on the train.
The only place that we ended up overlapping with our previous tour was the Hitler bunker, but that's really nothing. We were extremely happy with the tour and would highly recommend it to anyone interested in learning a bit more about the 3rd Reich (especially those who've already done a general Berlin tour).

2  Thank Woja
Write a ReviewReviews (1,968)

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Dennis was a great guide, in fact he was the best guide we have had in all our trips. He even has good tips on where to eat and go out.

1  Thank 660Jeff86
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I made the Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Tour with Dennis this month.
It took about 6 hours and me and my friends had the most amazing experience. Dennis made a really nice introduction explaining about the First World War, the Second World War and how the country finished with the Nazis with total power. We could see the passion of the guide about he was talking about and he made the whole tour using the history of 2 persons that were in the camp. It was the best guided tour I ever made and sometimes we could see that people were in silence holding their tears, in a demonstration of how interested everybody was in the information.
I recommend this tour it was unforgettable.

2  Thank Felipe G
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I am a spanish girl, but since I was doing my Erasmus in Germany I travelled to Berlin with some Erasmus friends, and decided to take the Sachsenhausen free tour in English.
Dennis, our guide, was one of the most passionate guys I have ever seen: we didn't just see the concentration camp, but he made us live every moment we were there. The tour lasted 6 hours but seemed short to me. We learnt about history, about the life of people that were there, about the reasons of the development of events that had such a horrible outcome.
I have been to many tours, but this one has been by far the best one I have ever participated into. Thank you Dennis for making us feel part of history!! I highly recommend to everyone spending in Berlin some days to take this tour!!!

Reviewed September 15, 2012

We did the third reich walking tour with Dennis (whom we can not recommend enough), involving an intricate trail of varied locations all over Berlin that would be completely missed by guide books and normal tourist spots. We had the fortune of his company for hours after the tour finished where he proceeded to continue talking to us about anything we asked him, emphasising his passion and range of knowledge for his work. We plan to go back next year and do his Cold War and Concentration camp trips. Definitely a must. Thanks Dennis, you lad.

2  Thank Ali H