“Excellent free tour” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Private 4-Hour Berlin History Walking Tour
Ranked #7 of 366 Tours in Berlin
More attraction details
Owner description: Vive Berlin e.G. is a Berlin experts Cooperative. We offer walking tours in Espanol, Francais, Italiano, English, Deutsch, Portugues. We also offer private tours (walking and bike tours or tours with a van)
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
A Coruña, España
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Excellent free tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

My friends and I just did the "free sachsenhausen memorial tour" with Mariska. This is by far the best tour I've ever been to. Our guide was Mariska, from New Zealand, she was great and super nice, you could tell she likes doing her job. We learned a lot of info on German history and the story of the concentration camp, very interesting and we never had a moment of boredom. The flyer says "only basis tour", so we were expecting something quick and rather short, but boy were we in for a surprise! Our guide new a lot about this sensitive theme and she answered all our questions perfectly. On our way back to Berlin she even gave us some tips on where to go out and what to do in the city.
The free tour is the only one I've done with this company, but I bet their other ones are just as good.

7 Thank saraseo

Mainz, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“(Half) Berlin Highlights Tour with family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

We booked a private tour and chose the Berlin highlight tour but we wanted the tour to be a little shorter, due to our concern that our two kids (three and one year old) won’t go with us the whole four hour tour.

Our guide Dennis was fantastic, he has a lot of knowledge that he presented in a pleasant way and amount so that you can remember a lot of things afterwards. Also he managed to excite our kids, so that the tour wasn’t stressful at all. We ended up in a three hour tour which was really exiting.

I only can recommend that private tour with Dennis, especially for young families.

5 Thank Steffen R
Laguna Beach, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Outstanding tour with our guide ---Summer.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2012

On very cold winter day, Summer made the essential Berlin tour sunny. An Ivy League graduate provides an expanded overview of Berlin. Answered many questions with superior knowledge. Recommend and worth your time.

3 Thank Roger1959
sydney
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“incredibly moving”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

My friend and i did the free tour of the concentration camp at Sachsenhausen. There only ended up being 5 people in our group and the tour went for 5 hours. Our guide was highly knowlegable and explained many interesting things about the concentration camp that going by ourselves we would have missed. Coming back we had some complications with the train and our friendly guide was more than happy to help work out the problem and translate for us. He helped us all get home safe, sound and upset by what we had seen. If I were to go again I would go out with the group and do the tour but then I would ask to stay there afterwards to read the information provided. My only criticism was that we didn't get enough free time whilst we were there to see the exhibitions which I would have liked to have read.

Visited October 2011
2 Thank bronter
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“fantastic tour with a friendly and knowledgeable guide! A great day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

We did the Third Reich walking tour with Maria and we had a fantastic day! She's very knowledgeable and passionate about the subject and took us off the beaten track to see sights that we wouldn't have seen on any other tour. We had a great time and really enjoyed it! Highly recommended. Thank you Maria :)

Visited October 2011