“Good value”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mitte
Description: "cha cha" is a Thai expression that means something like "all will be well", "no stress" or "slowly slowly". For us, the name symbolizes a time out from today's stressful city life. Based on the century-old Thai cuisine, our chefs have developed modern dishes with a "wellness effect". Every dish offered in our "cha cha - Thai Street Kitchen" restaurants serves two purposes: on the one hand, it aims to be tasty and please the palate, on the other hand, the menu also offers choices that address the guest's current bodily needs. For example, he or she can choose among invigorating, cleansing, stabilizing or wholesome dishes.
Chicago, Illinois
“Good value”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

This trendy place was a nice reprise from more expensive options. Service was friendly and fast. I wouldn't say the food was great Thai, but given the 9 Euro price tag, my beef and broccoli was ok. Beef was a little tough, but broccoli nice and crispy and fresh basil and spring onions made it a healthy meal.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Vienna, Austria
“Good food terrible service”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

This place serves good food for quick bite. We had soups which were rich and tasty. However, the service is terrible. Completely understaffed which meant that we had to wait very long to order and pay. Virtually all other customers were complaining which created unpleasant atmoshpere.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Lively!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Despite reading a bad review from last month, we decided to give it a go as it looked nice and was busy. Very glad we did.....quickly served lovely food and very reasonably priced. Good size portions too. 2 main courses, a beer and a wine for 25 euros.

Copenhagen, Denmark
“Worst service ever experienced”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

The miserable service of Cha Cha totally ruined the overall experience.
It started out alright with quick seating and waiter to take our order, and the starters came after a short wait.

But then it went downhill from there.
When the main courses were served, they were pretty much thrown on the table (without removing the starter plates) and the waiter disappeared without a word and without ensuring that we all got what we ordered. This small check would have shown that my wife wasn’t served anything.
We naturally thought that it would be served shortly... but it wasn’t.
We then tried to get a waiters attention, but they were all hurrying by looking down at the floor and ignoring our efforts to attract their attention.
After ~10 minutes I managed to get eye contact with a waiter and he nodded and signaled just a minute... but he didn’t come to our table.
I then later got eye contact with another waiter who did the same gesture.... but never showed up.
My wife then walked to the open kitchen and managed to talk to a waiter who irritated looked at our order and just said "hmmm... yes you ordered that too", told the kitchen to make the dish, and disappeared without as much as an apology...

After I had finished my main course (wife still hadn’t been served) I went to the toilet and passed the kitchen, and on the counter was a dish which looked like what my wife ordered.
There was a queue on the toilet, so ~10 minutes later when I came back I noticed that the serving was still on the kitchen counter untouched, and my wife still hadn’t been served anything (the others had now also finished their main courses).
Trying to control my temper I managed to get a hold of the waiter, and ask if they ever intended to serve the food that was supposed to be served ~40 minutes earlier when the rest of us were served?
Without a word to me or my wife he placed the plate on our table and disappeared again! (Still all the plates from starters and other main courses were on the table)

Not a single time when we were in Cha Cha did they show an interest in our experience... and not even a quick "sorry" was heard.

For the first time in my life I walked out of a German restaurant without leaving a tip... and will not return.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank ChristianW69
“Good Thai Food”
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

Great Location,the place is decorated well and feels like a true Thai restaurant,the Food is excellent.don't miss it.