“The magic of Soho House, Berlin style”
Review of Soho House Berlin

Soho House Berlin
Ranked #151 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I have been a member of Soho House for some years and am a regular visitor to the Soho and Shoreditch branches in London; I have also stayed at Babington House and been to Chiswick House. Nothng however could have prepared me for the sheer delight that is Soho House Berlin. The building is stunning - an old department store in the Bauhaus style. Although the location at a major junction of 2 busy streets was not tempting at first sight, once inside, the outside world could be viewed but did not intrude. The one thing that the Soho House group gets consistently right is the staffing - charming, friendly and efficient - a winning combination in my 'picky' book.
My business partner and I both had apartments which were sumptuous. The usual tasteful decor, spacious rooms and tons of wonderful Cowshed products. When we returned from dinner at Katz Orange I went up to the Club Room on the 7th floor which was nicely buzzing and then on up to the roof ( with outdoor heated pool) where I enjoyed a grappa and coffee ( with a cigarette - allowed inside after 10pm - who knew!!) . When I finally overcame my excitement and decided to hit my over sized bed I realised that there was an annoying noise from the aircon…despite the efforts of the extremely helpful guy who came up from reception, it would not cease so I had to play the Diva and ask to be moved to another room..I was promptly shown to the room opposite which turned out to be a loft suite. It was bigger than my house in London and totally gorgeous. No wonder George Clooney stays here when he is in town. This morning I began the day with a quick swim in the rooftop pool and then down to breakfast in the Club Room ( my only whinge is the coffee which is not as good as it should be in a country that does great coffee wherever you go). I cannot recommend this place highly enough ( part form the coffee…).

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed March 11, 2014

My boyfriend and I travelled to Berlin to celebrate his birthday. We stayed at Soho House and absolutely loved every moment of our stay. It was a gorgeous sunny weekend and so we immediately went and had a couple of drinks on the amazing roof terrace. The view was great. After dinner each night we went to the 7th floor bar for a post-dinner drink and found that there was always a fantastic atmosphere. The cocktails were delicious and the service was always excellent - attentive and friendly.

Breakfast was also very tasty on both days of our stay. On Sunday there was a delicious buffet brunch (with everything from cake to pizza to beef to smoked salmon along with cooked breakfast options & cereal/pastries on offer) with a Bloody Mary bar which we absolutely loved.

I had booked a "small" room and so I was slightly anxious that this might be tiny but it was actually a decent size with a ginormous, ridiculously comfortable bed and incredible shower. You literally do not need to take any toiletteries as everything is catered for.

We loved the little touches, for example, the "treat" tin which was filled with freshly baked cookies each day.

Staff were very helpful and friendly.

Would definitely stay here again and we are already planning our next stay at another Soho House hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LittleH-Boat
Reviewed March 7, 2014

The former Politburo out of World war II is know a Hotel with a private club. All staff is of the highest level. We had in the club a cocktailparty with 300 guests out of the Hotel and Travel industry. They all made there complimants how this Hotel is designed, decorated and runned. This is how a Hotel should be, and managed. Big compliments.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 24, 2014

This was a great experience with amazing art deco interior and building. Location was perfect and help from the English speaking staff was very helpful. The top bar with views of the city was amazing but would like to have taken home a striped green towel.
Looking forward to returning.

Room Tip: We choose the larger room with huge bed and steam room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jimbuktu
Reviewed February 16, 2014

It has the usual fancy reputation of restaurants in other parts of the world and the week I was there also home to all the stars of the Berlin Film Festival.
Despite the reputation, the food was surprisingly bland--the chicken, the salmon, the various appetizers. Quite surprised at its reputation. I wouldn't go back there for a meal despite its reputation.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Stayed here for a weekend break in September 2013. Very cool lobby with contemporary art works. Friendly and helpful staff. Nice big bed and very comfortable room. Cowshed products in bathroom were a nice touch. Excellent food in restaurant upstairs with great views over the city.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Travelled in January for a city break, joining friends at Soho House for a special treat. At check-in at 2pm we were told that our room wasn't ready but that we were being upgraded to an 'apartment'. The 'apartment' really was an apartment with its own kitchen (complete with dishwasher, cookbooks), a lounge, dressing room, bathroom and bedroom (with a roll-top bath at the foot of the bed). Cowshed products everywhere. As with all the Soho Houses, plenty of mod cons - Roberts Radio, sound system we could link our ipods to. We used the spa, which would have benefitted from having a jacuzzi and a relaxation room. I did not find the staff particularly helpful but the massage was great. We met friends in the bar and ate in the restaurant before taking the concierge's recommendations on bars and clubs. The following morning we paid a set price for brunch and grazed for hours - the food here is great, live music, and as expected the hotel is beautifully furnished and the sort of place you can socialise and lounge about all day. All in all a great stay. Would like to go back in summer and have a warmer experience in the rooftop pool!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends