“"Mr. Berlin" absolutely lived up to his title!”

The Berlin Experts- Walking Tours
Ranked #12 of 397 Tours in Berlin
More attraction details
Owner description: Offers daily in-depth walking tours of Berlin's architecture, history, and culture. All tours include some history as well as other tidbits of trivia not commonly known. Especially popular is the Deconstruction/Construction Tour which provides an offbeat perspective of contemporary Berlin. They also offer special tours for cruise ship passengers.
Reviewed December 22, 2010

My husband and I had only a long weekend to see the sites of Berlin and there was so much that we wanted to see. So we did something that we had never done before-hired a private tour guide! My husband found Jeremy, aka Mr. Berlin, on TripAdvisor and read very good reviews. The reviews were correct.

We exchanged several emails with Jeremy ahead of our trip to work out the details. He wanted to know our general and specific interests and timing. We were specifically interested in major 20th century events-WWII, the Holocaust, and Cold War events throughout the city. We decided on a 4hour tour-give or take. Jeremy did an excellent job of introducing us to so many places and events within the city. There is more to see than I had ever imagined. Certain things that we only had time for a glimpse at, my husband and I were able to come back later on our own and spend more time.

Jeremy was great with sharing little known details about out-of-the-(tourist) way spots,too. My husband was a history major, and I research WWII events-we were impressed by Jeremy's knowledge and insight. Plus, he was just a delight to be with. We were able to see and learn in 4 hours what we would never have been able to accomplish in the 3 small days we had.

I would highly recommend and, in fact, already have!

1  Thank dcooke6
in 7 reviews
"excellent tour"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed December 21, 2010

We spent two days with Jeremy Minsberg as our guide in Berlin. One day was spent touring the city by train and foot and one day we traveled by car from Berlin to Potsdam and points in between. We could not ask for a more thorough or interesting guide who had great patience in answering all of our questions. Jeremy is well prepared and not only guided us while we were together but also directed us to places we should visit on our own.

Reviewed December 19, 2010

We could not have had better guides in Berlin than Jeremy and Cooper. For 2 days they guided us on foot and via public transportation to see the highlights of East and West Berlin. During a pre-tour briefing Jeremy ascertained our interests and customized our tour. We learned the history and developed a great appreciation for the city while avoiding the heavily touristed areas. His knowledge and visual aids gave us an in depth perspective not available through a standard pre-packaged tour. We highly recommend the “Berlin Expert.” http://www.theberlinexperts.com/

Diane & Herbert Charleston, SC USA

Reviewed November 28, 2010

Our experience in Berlin was enriched by Jeremy.
Being Jewish we have a particular & emotional interest to Berlin & we were very impressed with the "transparency & openess" demonstrated in so many ways & in so many places by successive governments & authorities in highlighting the actiona of the past.
We could not have seen or done this without Jeremy & the depth of knowledge & interest he has in it's background & history.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 27, 2010

I recently went to Ravensbruck concentration camp, and had Jeremy as my guide.
He picked me up in his car and we had a lovely talk along the way. Once there he was informative and patient. He let me go at my own pace and had interesting insights into the history. Going to the concentration camp can be a rather emotional experience, and I wanted to be with someone who had a calm way but was going to shed light on some more of the historical aspects I wanted to learn. He has a very fair pricing system.
There are no group tours to Ravensbruck that I found. It is a long walk from the train station and it really helped to have someone take me there. I highly encourage others to use The Berlin Expert, Jeremy, to enhance their experience while in Berlin.